Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    We have serviced this car since its first service. If I put the service details into the Digital Service System on erWin the table states

That is a direct copy and paste off the DSS Audi system so is the Audi Germany view and would make me extremely nervous so I stick to the Audi UK view of five years or 100000 miles. It is not a very clear subject but leaving the cambelt for 30 years or 140K miles would make me nervous.

Ohh and it has just taken me 2 hours to even get in as deep as removing the lower poly V belt pulley... evil job!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    We have serviced this car since its first service. If I put the service details into the Digital Service System on erWin the table states

That is a direct copy and paste off the DSS Audi system so is the Audi Germany view and would make me extremely nervous so I stick to the Audi UK view of five years or 100000 miles. It is not a very clear subject but leaving the cambelt for 30 years or 140K miles would make me nervous.

Ohh and it has just taken me 2 hours to even get in as deep as removing the lower poly V belt pulley... evil job!
    For me, it's got "worse" since the start/stop thing, as although the belt is effectively balanced by all the parts, it's still a lot more start/stop with the new fangled gadgetry and emissions requirements which still puts the belt under load. So I'm sticking with the 5 year/75k miles strategy...though good to know the figures from HQ Crasher, as when things (if) get back to more normal, I'll probably be doing 20k miles a year again.

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

3. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Elsa says chnage the idler studs, the genuine kit does not come with them! Thankfully we stock them. It is a right pig of a job this one, I might do a write up as I have taken lots of pics.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    So I got my cambelt kit today... I ordered the waterpump WITH the electric connector (following advice from Danclyon and TPS) despite ECP saying I need the one WITHOUT... I haven't started stripping yet but is the pump supposed to look like this?

It's simply electric, seems to have nothing to do with the belt at all... Makes me wonder if its even located anywhere near the belt...?

IMG_20200619_102231.jpg

0 0 0

5. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowa View Post
    So I got my cambelt kit today... I ordered the waterpump WITH the electric connector (following advice from Danclyon and TPS) despite ECP saying I need the one WITHOUT... I haven't started stripping yet but is the pump supposed to look like this?

It's simply electric, seems to have nothing to do with the belt at all... Makes me wonder if its even located anywhere near the belt...?

IMG_20200619_102231.jpg
    Hopefully Crasher will answer, it looks different to the one from TPS that I was shown briefly - but I don't have a photo to refer to mate....

0 0 0

6. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    Hopefully Crasher will answer, it looks different to the one from TPS that I was shown briefly - but I don't have a photo to refer to mate....

Just looked them up, I looked at the "black side" of mine - found some photos of the genuine ones and yes it looks remarkably similar.....it's not electic, it's driven by the belt, just the output is the "thermostat" feed.....(or whatever it is)....

0 1 0

7. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks for getting back... I suppose if its wrong, when stripped, I'll have to leg it to ECP and get the other one...

0 0 0

8. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just looked them up, I looked at the "black side" of mine - found some photos of the genuine ones and yes it looks remarkably similar.....it's not electic, it's driven by the belt, just the output is the "thermostat" feed.....(or whatever it is)....
    Hmm... Mine just looks electric... There is no pulley on it that would enable a belt to drive it... So I doubt this one is the same as yours...

0 0 0

9. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Unless the backside of the cambelt is driving the housing pulley somehow? I just expected this pulley to have teeth or some track... 15925637663248396830442856211998.jpg

0 0 0

10. Re: Cambelt / Drivebelt service (@120k) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    A very long term customer/school friend of my business partner came in yesterday for an MOT on his 2016 4G Ultra with the CNHA engine. Since he bought it we have said the clutch felt wrong and now it is snatching and causing you to stall it a lot. The clutch is not available aftermarket and a matching flywheel and other parts mean £1500 in parts and at least 10 hours labour. We have done a few now and it is one of the oddest designs I have ever seen with the ring gear plate on the crank and the flywheel being either side of the right hand drive shaft inner shaft so the complete inner shaft of the left hand side has to be withdrawn to get the flywheel out to which the clutch is mounted, you unbolt the flywheel from the ring gear and then remove the box with the flywheel still inside the box. We have seen the inner connection between the flywheels two halves snap and lose all drive. The water pump on this is VAG number 04L 121 011 N and it is solenoid controlled, this is the correct SKF part

This is the one I did last week on another slightly older 2016 CNHA using only genuine parts

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast