Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi

I have a 2009 fl C6, 3.0tdi quattro with MMI 3G High and Bose sound system. Glovebox contains a CD, DVD and memory card reader as well as AMI port (original). Car also has rear view camera and option to play back DVD-s (although I have not tested DVD-s), which means, that in principle, MMI should have the TV-module. As far as i know, the Video-in-Motion lock has not been removed.

I wished to mirror my phone screen to car display based on following instructions: Mirror Link your phone onto your MMI???? | Audi-Sport.net

I acquired all the necessary parts but immediately stumbled upon AMI connection problem. Under "Media", I can see the non-active (greyed out) AMI input. After i connect the RCA to AMI to the port in glovebox, the MMI identifies the connection by adding text "not supported" to AMI connection. The option remains greyed out. Under green menu diagnose and settings, the AMI settings have been already set to 7/8.

Does anyone know why the car does not support AMI connections? Could it really be that Audi added "dud" AMI port?
    I know that this question is very specific but I have not found a similar problem nor a solution from other threads.

0 0 0

2. Re: Problem with 2009 C6 AMI connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teepapike View Post
    Hi

I have a 2009 fl C6, 3.0tdi quattro with MMI 3G High and Bose sound system. Glovebox contains a CD, DVD and memory card reader as well as AMI port (original). Car also has rear view camera and option to play back DVD-s (although I have not tested DVD-s), which means, that in principle, MMI should have the TV-module. As far as i know, the Video-in-Motion lock has not been removed.

I wished to mirror my phone screen to car display based on following instructions: Mirror Link your phone onto your MMI???? | Audi-Sport.net

I acquired all the necessary parts but immediately stumbled upon AMI connection problem. Under "Media", I can see the non-active (greyed out) AMI input. After i connect the RCA to AMI to the port in glovebox, the MMI identifies the connection by adding text "not supported" to AMI connection. The option remains greyed out. Under green menu diagnose and settings, the AMI settings have been already set to 7/8.

Does anyone know why the car does not support AMI connections? Could it really be that Audi added "dud" AMI port?
    I know that this question is very specific but I have not found a similar problem nor a solution from other threads.

Hi,

My guess is that you might have an incorrect AMI cable. Have you checked the part number of the cable you are using to see if it is compatible with AMI 3G? There are both 2G and 3G versions of AMI, and although the connector sockets look the same, the cables are different inside and are not interchangeable.
    I would also recommend you check to see if your care really does have a TV-module, too. All MMI 3G High cars will play DVDs using the DVD drive, regardless of whether the car has a TV module.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0