1. VW Golf MK 7 Discovery Pro media download issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,I have a Golf Mk 7 GTD 2014. New to VW and love it, however!

I have the discover media pro (I think) some say if Sat NAV doesn’t work without the SD card then it’s not a pro? Either way I’ve been trying to update the firmware with no Joy! Tried everything and it’s doing my nut in!

I updated maps to 2020 version using the SD card that came with the car which is 8GB was no problem and done in a flash once put into the car.

I now want to update the firmware so got an SDXC card but wouldn’t work. I then got the recommended SHDC SD card and have tried that but still not being recognised once I put into the SD slot 1 or 2 in the car. Ahh!!!

I’ve followed the instructions and unzipped the folder into a new named folder and then added it to the SD card. Run Discovery care and it’s all gone through fine. Get it in the car and not happening! I’m at my wits end and am in no way tech savvy enough for programming etc so all the sites I read up on this issue talk in terms I don’t understand!

Current software info:
    Device part Number: 5G0035874
    Hardware 040
    Software 0486
    Nav Database 5G0919866AL0089 ECE 2020

When I put the Non VW SD card in (Version 10) it says at the top of the screen software update which then goes. I go into the Settings and look at the system info and attempt to update but throws up an error. So go into the other menu by holding down on the Menu button for 10 seconds. Select the software and press update and get the following message:

Unable to read the release information file. Error when reading/opening the file.

\SDcard1\metainfo2.txt

Help please! Although I’m not tech savvy I’ve also gone and purchased an OBDeleven Gen 2 as have an engine light on but that arrives tomorrow so will possibly be back with some more questions on that lol.

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Golf MK 7 Discovery Pro media download issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    The two cards might be using different formats, which Windows will be happy with but not necessarily the car.

When each card is in the PC card reader look for its drive letter in the left hand side of Windows File Explorer. Right click there and select Properties. On the General tab id should say something like "Type: Removable SD Card" and "File system: FAT". If the file system part is different, like FAT32, that could be the problem. To fix that, go back to the right hand list of drives, right click and choose "Format..." and select whatever matches the working card.

Keep your wits about you on which card is in place, that it is the correct one, etc. Drive sizes as a sanity check, for example. If you're about to format a 500GB device it is not the SD card!

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Golf MK 7 Discovery Pro media download issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome. I have moved your thread so you will get more responses
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0