Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    hi guys

had my suspension looked at and went and changed a few arms and all 4 shock.

front: bilstein 19226903
    rear: sachs 313366

car is solid, feeling all that roads have to offer

my thoughts is that i need new coil springs. almost 250k miles with the car so far. was driven with bad/used shocks for 1+ years i believe (you live and learn)
    car follows the road shape at low speeds staying rigid and not absorbing any kind of shocks but stays solid on the road at higher speeds still shaking uncomfortably

can't go oem's as i've changed shocks.

any help on where to start looking it'll be greatly appreciated

car is being driven in the city(6-8 hrs a day) so a bit of comfort will be nice to have i believe

thanks for your time

0 0 0

2. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    250k! Wow.. guess your motor is a working car. Not sure on the technicality of your query; OEM springs wouldn’t suffice? No recommendations from the peeps who changed your shocks on potential matching springs?

How’s your reliability otherwise? I have a 2013 saloon and am in it for the long haul.. these new updated A6 versions pose more questions than answers for me. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 1 0

3. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    For me you have two choices, ask an Audi dealer to supply the EXACT correct parts as there are a HUGE number of variations, at a quick count 41 different fronts and 48 rears, ohh the other is the Suplex equivalent of the OE number.
    Last edited by Crasher; 18-05-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    For me you have two choices, ask an Audi dealer to supply the EXACT correct parts as there are a HUGE number of variations, at a quick count 41 different fronts and 48 rears, ohh the other is the Suplex equivalent of the OE number.

Is there a way for me to find that oe number without asking audi?

Thanks for your help

0 0 0

5. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    PM me the reg and I can tell you what SHOULD be fitted, it is called FI Suggestion and isn't 100% perfect but with the spring colour codes (if they are still visible) you can cross check

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    In better times a friendly VAG location might give you the full PR list, which is what get me through a similar question after I wiped dirt from the spring to find its colours: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...identification.

A good resource like the Sachs catalogue will help you see options for taxi use, heavy duty, etc. Not saying they are an immediate switch, but you can look at what might suit you best if you get all the parts right.

0 0 0

7. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The front springs are Pr 0JG so 8K0 411 105 EC (Suplex 03259) @ £129.78 Audi retail with 1 x violet and 2 x orange marks and the rears are Pr 0YJ so 8K0 511 115 HA (Suplex 03274) with 1x green, 1 x grey and 2 x white marks @ £129.07 Audi retail. The car has factory 1BE sports suspension

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Here's a link to the Sachs catalogue: Asset download. You can cross reference VAG part numbers to Sachs, see what else might fit (standard rather than sports for example), convert alternate Sachs parts to equivalent VAG ones, find those in other manufacturers' lists, etc.

0 0 0

9. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    You have to be very careful when changing to standard (1BA) from sports as there are many weight range variations and Sachs tend to group quite a few together to reduce the range. If a cross reference from a genuine number is individual, that is a good pointer to it being accurate but if one aftermarket number works with various OE numbers, that makes me worry. The only aftermarket spring company I trust is Suplex.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: i need new coil springs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You have to be very careful when changing to standard (1BA) from sports as there are many weight range variations and Sachs tend to group quite a few together to reduce the range. If a cross reference from a genuine number is individual, that is a good pointer to it being accurate but if one aftermarket number works with various OE numbers, that makes me worry. The only aftermarket spring company I trust is Suplex.

i'm not changing. gonna go with OEM-like ones

thanks a lot for those catalogues and audi part numbers

0 1 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast