Hey Guys, ive got a real issue replacing the timing belt on a 2.0lt TDI CAHA Q5, my friend rings me and says his timing belt needs to be replaced & during lockdown he couldnt get anyone to do it so the idiot i am said "sure get it towed over to my place" ...... Never Again ive learnt my lesson.
so what was supposed to be a R&R timing belt and components has dropped me in it big time, as i was dismantling everything required i found that the lower roller nut had come off & i guess the roller was floating there till eventually the stud snapped off dropping the stud and roller to bounce around in behind the covers causing the belt to start destroying itself.

Ive checked all the YouTube videos and searched online for the answers so i went and spent $42 with Emanual.com only to be given the wrong manual to download and a week later finally they gave me the relevant repair manual software for this model. But it does not explain how to fix my issue.

I place the Locking Pin into the camshaft sprocket & the location for the locking pin on the injector pump is 180* away from where it should be, so i rotated the engine by hand (timing belt is still intact although badly damaged) to see if i was wasnt at TDC but no the pump is definately nowhere near where it should be so im thinking the belt has jumped some teeth while the broken bits where bouncing around as there were some impact marks on the crank pulley which i cleaned up.
so i could really use some advice please guys cause i think the crank timing maybe out a tooth also, i have the proper timing toolkit ordered to lock the crank timing etc so would be greatly appreciative of any wisdom you all might share with me thanks

Forum1.jpgforum2.jpg