1. EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, I don't know if anybody can assist me here? I have an 06 3C TDI and I have the wake up line shorted to positive on EPB module and wonder if anyone has a pinout or wiring diagram for the module? I'm a 16yr experience tech but no longer on cars so no longer have access. Was gonna do autodata trial to get it but I don't rekon it'll be on there! Any help would be appreciated as always🙂

0 0 0

2. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Hi, welcome, etc.

Not sure what you're asking. You've found with a multimeter that one of the 30 pins on parking brake module is holding at 12V and want to trace it back to where it comes from to figure out why? If so which pin / colour, to help cross check across wiring changes? Or something else?

0 0 0

3. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No sorry, I have a fault code saying I have short to positive on wake up line but on the module I don't know which one is the wake up line.
    So as it's a short I turned the ignition off, disconnected the module and tested the connector pins, only a 9v feed from the EPB switch(blue/white, Comms I think) all other pins no feed. Fitted another switch and same result.
    Plugged back in and tested via back pinning with ignition off and this time I have an orange/purple @10v also.
    With the ignition on there are lots of lives obviously and if my short is coming through any of the switched lives I'm gonna need a diagram/pinout to find it.

Sorry if my original post was a little confusing but thank you for the response.

0 0 0

4. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Sounds like this problem, which would show 02839 if scanned: VWVortex.com - Vw Passat 3C Parking Brake Problem. Lots of other threads discussing same code as well. Have you replaced any modules - seems to be a common point of discussion in them?

Blue / white is to warning light according to diagrams. Not sure why it would have 9V when disconnected, unless floating somehow...

Can't see an orange / purple. Which pin has those colours? It is the EPB wires we're looking at? Not ABS?

It looks like the following on EPB connect to ABS module:

• 16 (gn/gy)+17(wh/gy) for CAN
    • 6 (gy/pr)

What's that pin 6 doing when connected, not, etc?

0 0 0

5. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pin 6, (my eyes must be rubbish) is dead when disconnected and 10v connected ignition off.
    I did read that thread but would rather a proper fix to be honest!! Have you got the pinout info for module, I could then set about finding the fault.
    I'd like to fix this as this fault code, it comes up quite a bit and then I could share for others who have this same fault.

0 0 0

6. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I don't know much more on this. My assumption is it shouldn't have that 10V, which again sounds like a strange value unless it is a high-duty cycle 12V signal bus (rather than simple 12V on / off).

I think I'd unplug the wire from the loom (or cut for easier pin activity access if you have splices to repair afterwards) at EBP and ABS ends (both pin 6) and see if that affects the errors you see. Check if the units themselves are putting volts on their pins. If the wire still has a potential when disconnected at both ends its picking it up from somewhere in a damaged loom.

Or maybe check for shorts to wire 6 first from other parts of loom

0 0 0

7. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's more info than I had before thank you, I now know where it goes! Pin 6s. I can now trace voltages at both ends, inspect loom for damage and any multiplugs for problems. I will report back my findings.

0 0 0

8. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pin 6 is definitely yellow/purple?

0 0 0

9. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I wrote grey+purple. Are you saying you have ye/pr?

0 0 0

10. Re: EPB module wiring diagram/pinout 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My pin 6 is ye/pu and with it removed still puts fault code short to positive from epb module. That wire Def has no positive. I may have to consult erWin to get a diagram/pinnout??

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast