Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi All

I have an Audi A3 8p 2010 1.6tdi with an issue with the Start/Stop function.
    The codes that come up are 00458 Control Module for Battery Monitoring (J367) comes up as well as 02391 Terminal 30 Reference (11 - Open Circuit) although I'm not sure this is related.

The start stop function has not worked since I bought the car last year. Battery voltage levels seem fine and I have tried numerous long runs to no avail.

The strange this is, when the engine stalls and I press the clutch back in, the engine starts up (the same way start/stop works)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A3 8p 2010 Start Stop Not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiranpithwa View Post
    Hi All

I have an Audi A3 8p 2010 1.6tdi with an issue with the Start/Stop function.
    The codes that come up are 00458 Control Module for Battery Monitoring (J367) comes up as well as 02391 Terminal 30 Reference (11 - Open Circuit) although I'm not sure this is related.

The start stop function has not worked since I bought the car last year. Battery voltage levels seem fine and I have tried numerous long runs to no avail.

The strange this is, when the engine stalls and I press the clutch back in, the engine starts up (the same way start/stop works)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes
    Should be happy it doesn work ita probably the most useless and annoying feature ever o vented by man doesnt make mich difference in emissions and wears out you starter motor and clutch alot quicker than a non start stop.

If you battery has been replaced prior to purchase you jeed to have it recoded to work , my bmw 118d that has start stop had a aimilar issue because i replaced the battery

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A3 8p 2010 Start Stop Not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Mine started playing up and it was clearly the battery which was replaced and re-coded. Everything was fine then.

It has now stopped completely and appears to be some sort of sensor pick up which is gear stick related. My usual friendly independent doesn't really want to be bothered with it, so I have given up (2011, 2 litre TDI).

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A3 8p 2010 Start Stop Not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexo View Post
    Mine started playing up and it was clearly the battery which was replaced and re-coded. Everything was fine then.

It has now stopped completely and appears to be some sort of sensor pick up which is gear stick related. My usual friendly independent doesn't really want to be bothered with it, so I have given up (2011, 2 litre TDI).
    If the sensor is fairly accessible and cheap you can always try replace it yourself, or take it to another vag garrage if you really want it sorted

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A3 8p 2010 Start Stop Not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Why would you want such a device to work ?

1 1 0

6. Re: Audi A3 8p 2010 Start Stop Not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    If its not working it could indicate a fault that could affect other functions. And some people do like it.

0 0 0