0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi there people
    I have an Audi A3 1.9Tdi 3 door, registered March 2009
    The actual specifics are as follows;
    8P1 [2003-2012] Hatchback∙1.9 TDI Hatchback∙1896ccm 105HP 77KW (Diesel)
    I am trying to fit "Daytime Running Lights"
    On the vehicle schematics in the Haynes Manual for my vehicle it conflicts which is on the car, these can all be seen in the attached images as can be seen ( the photos are the vehicle and the image are the colours used)
    I already have the DRL facility on my "lighting control switch"
    On the Haynes Manual it shows a totally separate circuit for the DRL
    Can anybody make sense of this
    If anybody would like a specific detail please ask.
    At the moment the car is unusable as there are front light units and no front bumper.
    P.S sorry about the images
    Cheers
    Tony
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 wiring does not match the schematic help needed please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Is this what you need, listed as position, colour (LHS first, RHS in brackets if different), then lamp (where it feeds one):

1 bk/ye
    2 gy/ye
    3 br
    4 gy/bk (gy/re) DRL
    5 br
    6 ye/bk (ye) dipped
    7 br
    8 wh/bk (wh) main
    9 bk/wh (bk/gn) indicator
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 02-05-2020 at 07:47 AM.

0 1 0

3. Thumbs up Re: A3 wiring does not match the schematic help needed please NOW SORTED MANY THANKS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Is this what you need, listed as position, colour (LHS first, RHS in brackets if different), then lamp (where it feeds one):

1 bk/ye
    2 gy/ye
    3 br
    4 gy/bk (gy/re) DRL
    5 br
    6 ye/bk (ye) dipped
    7 br
    8 wh/bk (wh) main
    9 bk/wh (bk/gn) indicator
    Hi there
    Many thanks for that.
    Printed it off and it checks out OK.
    If this was eBay I would give you FIVE stars and POSITIVE feedback
    Till I am able to buy eBay out can you just make do with my heartfelt thanks.
    Kind regards
    Tony

0 0 0

4. Re: A3 wiring does not match the schematic help needed please NOW SORTED MANY THANKS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I took a peek at your pictures to make sure it was the right set. Do you just need to tap into the loom? If pos consider moving the DLR wire across to help with water sealing. Easier with one wire in a grommet than two. Heat shrink adhesive lined splices can be useful as well.

0 1 0

5. Re: A3 wiring does not match the schematic help needed please NOW SORTED MANY THANKS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    I took a peek at your pictures to make sure it was the right set. Do you just need to tap into the loom? If pos consider moving the DLR wire across to help with water sealing. Easier with one wire in a grommet than two. Heat shrink adhesive lined splices can be useful as well.
    >
    >
    Hi there
    Many thanks for your valuable advice.
    What I plan to do is run a dual stranded wire from my loom covering(there is a manufactured split in the plastic covering)
    On the nearside I will pick up a bn & a gy / bk and on the offside I will pick up bn & a gy / r both of these will have a resistor in-between see images and a photo.
    As you will see from the resistor lug to the extension wire it has already had some heat-shrink covering applied to it.
    Where I will be attaching the other end they will be soldered and heat-shrink applied.
    By the time I am finished everything will be sealed tight.
    I am now waiting for a delivery from eBay of some Speedclip Fasteners to secure the wheel arch covers.
    The reason that I am doing is because some were missing and the others had those silly little plastic two-part retainers.
    The first YouTube that I watched on how to remove the headlight unit, the guy undertook the procedure with the wheels still on.
    So I did the same turning the steering wheel lock to lock as appropriate, what a pain is an under statement, it took me all morning, I was drained, I put everything away out of sight and I went in for some lunch. I decided to finish the task the following day.
    The imagesd that you see are the position of the DRL's (inserted in red) the resistors and the diagram on how manage to achieve this. The reason for the resistors is that they will be LED.
    On the following day I was checking my emails etc. and thought I would just have another look at that video again I don't know what happed but up popped another video and this guy took the wheels off.
    So I got my trolley jack out and took the wheels of and "hey presto" everything done in a very much quicker time, not to self "browse more video next time".
    my car closer - Copy.JPGIMG_20200312_093441.jpgIMG_20200312_093517.jpgDRL AND HEADLIGHTS.jpg

0 0 0