Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all never had a vw with dpf before but picked up an 08 2.0 diesel 170bhp

Just wondered how the regen works I seem to randomly get a charcoal kind of smell and I seem to then get white smoke

Does it do it slowly all the time as when I got to work today it was smoking quite bad. I’ve not had any dpf lights on the dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The BMN engine is a nightmare, first of all you need to know if the DPF is intact internally and that the ECU software is original. After that, usually a new DPF, the first step to reducing the eye watering stench from the exhaust is to replace and carefully set up four new injectors. So, if the DPF has been rodded out and the ECU remapped to suit, rectifying the problems to a legal MOT pass (when you can get one) is more than the car is worth; hence why you picked it up cheap...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The car does seem to be original and the smell from it makes me think it’s burning off soot. The dpf light hasn’t come on yet so I have no idea if it’s intact
    Waiting for my local garage to reopen and get them to scan it see if it’s been switched off

0 0 0

4. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    They stink with or without the DPF, the concept of the engine does not work, the BMN is a joke within the industry. One lady customer loved her 170 Golf but the stench it made was awful. We fitted new injectors, new DPF and the latest VAG software update at HUGE cost but eventually she gave in and bought a CR TDI Golf 7... but that runs so cold she hates it in winter. Your local a garage will not be able to see if the DPF has been rodded by a scan alone.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty with bits but I will just have to learn how everything operates

You say the engine with or without dpf is an issue. Do you have a few examples and I’ll try and keep an eye on them Kinda throws out my choice of swapping for a 140bhp possibly

0 0 0

6. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    There is a 140 version of this set up called the BMM but I have come across only a few although I don’t remember one stinking. I suspect the problem is the injectors used in the BMN in relation to their spray pattern and operating pressures. Personally I don’t think it is worth sinking the money into an EU4+DPF car, put it into something that won’t fall foul of the ULEZ’s although these have been pushed back a year.
    Last edited by Crasher; 03-05-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That’s a shame. The car actually drives really well and only 93k i will see how it goes for a few months I will
    Always make money back onit

0 0 0

8. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the 08 onwards 140 bhp dpf models any good think then bmm engine code

Reason I ask I didn’t realise then engines changed from pd to common rail. Probably why mines so quick

I’ve got a 07 non dpf to look at but most were really slow for what they Are on test riding in the past thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I have only seen a few BMM engined models but they don’t appear to be the PITA the BMN is, I am sure the BMN’s problems are down to its injectors.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Dpf questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply I’d rather have a non dpf model but hard to get a decent one

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast