Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I know that this question has been raised before, thought I’d ask if anyone has any latest tips or advice...

Looking for an aftermarket honeycomb /mesh grille of a decent quality. Looked at Xenonz (X-UK) but VAT is added at checkout and with delivery a grille comes to £211. Anyone fitted a grille from a trusted supplier?

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Or a unit for sale secondhand?

Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 B8.5 Honeycomb / Mesh Grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I recently fitted a aftermarket honeycomb grill to an A3 8V (2013) it came off ebay as far as i know, it was obviously a rough copy because some clips didnt line up or secure correctly and it also didnt have the places for crash sensors so watch for this if you choose a cheaper version.
    Last edited by JimA4B6; 03-05-2020 at 12:03 AM.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 B8.5 Honeycomb / Mesh Grille 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I fitted an aftermarket grill to my 62 plate s-line black edition from eBay from gbt-autostyling £165. Be aware there are different versions out there. With and without rings, optional ring holders, with and without parking sensors, with and without number plate holders etc. The parking sensors were hot glued into the grille which I pulled of and re-glued with proper plastic glue
    Before
    IMG_0791.jpg
    After
    IMG_3369.jpg
    The main thing I did was spray the impact bar behind the grill matt black once I had removed the bumper, I didn't want to see the natural alloy colour behind it.
    The hardest part was removing the plastic retaining clips used between the sides of the bumper and the wing. Fitting the new grill was straight forward just unscrew the old one and fit the new one.
    The new grill was a bit tighter than the original to fit but it pulled up ok.
    By the way removing the headlight units give you loads of access. Bank holiday coming up so it will be an ideal time for it. Take your time and if your like me clean the bumper inside and out as well as suck all the bits of leaf out of your radiators!

Best of luck

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Audi A6 C7 RS honeycomb grill
    By sammy237 in forum Retrofits
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-08-2018, 01:45 PM
  2. Rebadging my badgeless honeycomb grille..
    By germanwhip81 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-11-2017, 09:07 PM
  3. Honeycomb grill DIY?
    By niedzial1983 in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 09:57 PM
  4. Honeycomb grills
    By Channa audi in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 12:13 PM
  5. A6 Mesh grille...............where do you get one?
    By Stuart Piper in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Last Post: 20-04-2013, 10:15 PM