1. check coolant level message 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My 2015 B8 75k miles, reports a message saying check coolant when started from warm, never from cold. The coolant level is fine temp gauge is fine.

The VW dealer said it was the water pump which has been replaced by them but the message still appears.

Does anyone have any ideas what it may be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: check coolant level message 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    The only time I have had 'check coolant' was with an Audi A4 at any time, cold or warm. The plastic header tank was always full when I checked. Replacing the header tank cured the issue. It must have been the sensor inside the tank.

Perhaps try cleaning the contacts to the plug in connector...if it has one.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

3. Re: check coolant level message 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMEL View Post
    The only time I have had 'check coolant' was with an Audi A4 at any time, cold or warm. The plastic header tank was always full when I checked. Replacing the header tank cured the issue. It must have been the sensor inside the tank.

Perhaps try cleaning the contacts to the plug in connector...if it has one.
    The dealership claim to have checked all the obvious like sensors etc. It's odd because the message only happens when the engine has done a long run.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: check coolant level message 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Service engineers have been known to be wrong. There's a float type sensor in the expansion tank (remembered the correct name) which makes and breaks. It was the float or contact therein that was faulty in mine. You could remove the plug and short out the two terminals then run it to see if the warning appears
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

5. Re: check coolant level message 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I couldn’t get the connector off to look. Any suggestions?

0 0 0

6. Re: check coolant level message 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ian.roger.smart View Post
    I couldn’t get the connector off to look. Any suggestions?

They are usually stuck on if not removed for a few years. Press the two connectors further together as much as you can (this will lessen friction of where they latch together)
    Then press down on the tab. Pressing on the tab lifts the other side where it engages the male connector, its like a seesaw. They can be fragile so carefully considered force should be applied

Google Image Result for https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?attachments/picture032-jpg-original-jpg.36006/

0 0 0