1. Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Retro Fitting a genuine Rear view camera to my Q7 2008 4L have connected all the wiring from the camera control unit including the correct fuse for the camera, anyone know where i can find where to tap into the CAN H and L connections, can see a comfort convenience module close by in the boot beside my sat nav unit, or any advice on what’s the easiest way to get them connected?

0 0 0

2. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    The current flow diagram for this shows the CAN wiring going to the Fuse carrier- on right of dash panel.T46b.jpgQ7 CAN L H.jpg
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

3. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan02 View Post
    The current flow diagram for this shows the CAN wiring going to the Fuse carrier- on right of dash panel.T46b.jpgQ7 CAN L H.jpg
    Thanks found out i need to use the can bus connector on either side of the dash, wonder if i can do this as i have got the glove box anyway, also where can i get the pins for this connector?DC56.jpg
    DC55.jpg

0 0 0

4. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    The pins may be tricky to source if the dealers are still closed at the moment. You can get them from them and they`re usually connected to a short piece of wire so you would need to crimp that wire to your camera CAN wiring.
    Alan.

VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

5. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan02 View Post
    The pins may be tricky to source if the dealers are still closed at the moment. You can get them from them and they`re usually connected to a short piece of wire so you would need to crimp that wire to your camera CAN wiring.
    Thanks Alan just checked the picture again and it looks like i should be using the drivers side right for the can bus connector also will try and source the pins from somewhere, didn't buy the kuftec wiring for this, that was my mistake grrr... lesson learnt. no instructions and no pins on wiring. anybody out there know what pins i need for the CAN BUS CONNECTOR CAN BUS CON.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Ive attached the what i hope is a similar Plug and how it opens. You may then be able to photo the connector for matching it?T46b CAN Plug.jpg
    Alan.

VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

7. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    thanks will do trying to check on ebay if anyone is selling the pins another pic, PART NUMBER IS 4E0906230 Flat contact housing 46 pin just need the pin type??
    Attached Images

0 0 0

8. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    UPDATE..

Ok no dealers open to get the pins due to Virus.. so managed to find a breakers on line and have bought the complete can-bus connector with all the cables still connected, only 10 pounds delivered, this is perfect, arrived next day and i can do a dry run through on how to get it out so i dont break the one in the car, very tricky took me about an hour to figure it out also have cables and connectors as well, so after figuring out what to do went straight to car and had it done in 15 mins... only tricky bit was the can-bus connector is right beside the handbrake module with a bit of a struggle managed to get it out and disconnected the plug and put my H+L cables in a empty space, kuftec said pins 14 but if not available use any free pins on the same link i used pin 23 H&L, note getting the connector out is not easy, will send details if required by PM or will post them when i get time, will now finish off the rest of the wiring.
    Attached Images

0 2 0

9. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For future reference the repair wires w/correct pins is: 000979009E

Any tips on getting that plug out and apart?

0 0 0

10. Re: Can H and L connections for Q7 retrofit reversing camera loom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Very tricky to get out.... see my comments in this thread.

1.To remove from car pull off the plug cover by pulling the cam clip back, our is drivers side right in UK.

2.On the left of the connector there is a purple cam push that down and you will hear a click

3.Then beside the cam is a black clip push that in and at the same time push the unit in and it should come out.

4.Had a bit of a squeeze as its shoehorned in beside the handbrake module so you will have to get in behind it and pull it down, it will come out with enough room to work on it.

5.the other small purple clip in the middle of the connector just insert a flat screwdriver and prize it completely out.

6.Hardest bit is the next bit hold it as in pic 5 with the cable on top swing it round as in pic 6 again with a small flat screwdriver prize both edges out and at the same time pull the connector out i needed someone to pull the connector out whilst i prized the edges out see picture there are 2 blue arrows indicating where to push, not the direction of the arrows if you see what i mean?, as i explained earlier i ordered a used one from ebay to practice on and it took me a good hour to figure it out, and when i actually got to the car it took 5 mins too do good luck.dean6.jpgdean5.jpgCT342.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sluggs1; 18-05-2020 at 01:10 PM.

0 0 0