Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    As a garage owner I can personally say I almost refuse to fit customer supplied parts, the mark up is part of your living and if something goes wrong, which it can do, them it seriously complicates matters. You will have a much happier garage chap if you just let him get on with it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Ahhh OK, thought I'd ask. Was thinking supplying a genuine Bosch one might be better quality than one supplied from a 3rd party, but then its got warranty anyway. Should i mention the possibility of debris in the system, just in case it knackers the 3rd pump?

0 0 0

3. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    They should be able to get the Bosch pump cheaper than you, so I'd ask them to get and fit one if they will offer the warranty on it.

I think you need to be very clear with them on work done so far and problems if you want to be fair on their warranty offer.

Unless I missed it you may still have a working pump with blocked system. Not sure which way I'd go on asking them to first investigate that, either with new pump on hand to use if necessary and return if not (restocking fee paid by you), or wait for initial report before getting pump. They may find something else that needs fixing before pump can work, so you'll never use it.

0 0 0

4. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A4B6Cab View Post
    Should i mention the possibility of debris in the system, just in case it knackers the 3rd pump?
    You would hope they didn’t need advising but it would not harm, and should not insult, to alert them to the possibility of system contamination.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Cheers Crasher
    Got the car back earlier this afternoon and never known the steering to be so light (in the 11 years I've owned her). I'm guessing gradual failure or wear you dont notice it, and I hadnt driven it the few miles with the 2nd (cr@p Chinese) pump on it. Let the garage do the work and its perfect - so I'll leave you alone for a little while now

Stay safe, and thanks again for your help on this matter

1 2 0

6. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Did they say if they found any junk in teh system, or was it just a rubbish from the start pump?

0 0 0

7. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    nothing in the system, so assuming it was a rubbish pump from the start you live and learn

0 0 0

8. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I take that as a sign that it is still working, so am pleased you got it sorted in the end.

0 1 0

9. Re: New power steering pump - now steering locked solid 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yep still running perfectly thanks VAG-Abound, cheers for all the help and being patient with me 😊

Fallen back in love with her, and got a Renovo roof treatment kit to apply over the next week or so

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123