1. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There's a risk in buying a chassis loom for an early 2005 and it not fitting the other end as you say. (Think this shows the seat loom configuration: VWVortex.com - seat wiring diagram)

I'm a dab hand with a soldering iron so re-configuring what I have must be doable - but I can't find the function of the existing chassis loom from the third pic with cables: yellow, blue, white, red/white, brown/blue, blue/yellow. I don't know what they would correspond to. I could guess that the 3 thicker wires are rear heat pad, base heat pad and common earth, a diagram would be handy but can't find any on the web that match up.

0 0 0

2. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think I've described them above as I stumbled through learning. You should be able to consolidate what all the pins of each style of configuration do if you read them steadily.

For now, the three thicker wires are:

• 12V to whole heating system (remember there is a single controller in later configuration), which would probably be red. Test for 12V when ignition on
    • Earth for controller and heating on that side (other side has a earth to local point), probably brown.
    • Current to other side when heating is needed, may well have a blue part to it. Should match thick wire on opposite side, which is where it is taking current to.

Not sure the colours in the other forum are going to help, rather than add more confusion.
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 20-04-2020 at 07:48 AM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    IMG_0961.jpgIMG_0962.jpgThese are from my mk5 07 plate first one is passenger side

0 0 0

4. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste81 View Post
    These are from my mk5 07 plate first one is passenger side
    You presumably have the electric adjusting lumbar support, which is the red / black wire in position 8?

The rest match the diagrams I've been looking at [colours in square braces are what I think is used in the aftermarket loom linked above]:

1 White: control signal [White]
    2 Blue / white: Heat sensor feedback, LHS [Blue]
    3 Red / yellow: 12V [Yellow]
    4 Black / blue: Heat sensor feedback, RHS [Blue / yellow]
    5 Brown: Earth [Brown / blue]
    10 Violet / blue: Heating current, RHS [Red / white]

Suggestions above should get driver's side seat working. Then mounting passenger side under driver's seat, splicing into 1, 3 and 5 as shared connections, and taking outputs to passenger seat via pins 2 and 10 should get that up and running as well.
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 20-04-2020 at 07:55 AM.

0 0 0

5. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yes it has the lumbar support

0 0 0

6. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    You presumably have the electric adjusting lumbar support, which is the red / black wire in position 8? The rest match the diagrams I've been looking at:

1 White: control signal
    2 Blue / white: Heat sensor feedback, LHS
    3 Red / yellow: 12V
    4 Black / blue: Heat sensor feedback, RHS
    5 Brown: Earth
    10 Violet / blue: Heating current, RHS
    Funnily enough, I've literally just written this up myself after finding a Golf wiring diagram.

It seems like the seat harness does not have pin 10 (supply to passengers seat) connected. I wonder if Jetta mk5 seats have a seat control module under each seat, where as Golf mk5 seats only have them under the drivers seat. I'll lift the seats tomorrow to check. I'll need a Jetta wiring diagram to be sure.

0 0 0

7. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    See my edits to that post as well.

I'm not sure you read what I said in a few posts above where I describe the switch from per-seat controllers before Nov 2005 to single shared one under LHS seat afterwards. In which case you probably also missed that I think the loom is in wrong way around. Instructions probably written from DE perspective where "driver" means "left". Putting 6-pin side under driver seat in UK has probably flipped the way dash controls will work, unless they also mentioned making adjustments there. Rejigging seat-side pins as above should untangle that.
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 20-04-2020 at 07:56 AM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

0 0 0

9. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think you hit the nail on the head with the loom being fitted the wrong way around. When I fitted mine no way could I get one for a right hand drive all left hand only as from Germany I got mine from kufetec U.K. But only left hand drive with German writing on it so when it came to fit it the side that needed to go to passenger seat was way to short and the side that went to drivers was way too long so I had to extend the passenger side and cut the drivers one down so the person who fitted your loom most probably fitted it the wrong way around as that would of looked like it went that way if he didn't realize it was left hand drive

0 0 0

10. Re: Heated seat issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Wouldn't swapping the handedness of the wires into the dash controls have been a suitable fix, rather than extending loom? Or is there some software control function that I'm forgetting that would have been confusing (but functional)?
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 20-04-2020 at 07:57 AM.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast