1. A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My a3 stalled today on motorway and I managed to coast off ,won’t restart gave a sniff of brake cleaner and starts but cuts out ..was doing this a few weeks ago but did start with a sniff thought I had cured problem when found a split in fuel filter rubber seal had a split so replaced and been great since but now won’t even keep running after brake cleaner 🙃

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Crank speed sender.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Had it on snap on diagnostic but didn’t get any relevant codes would crank sensor not of shown up ,thanks for your help

0 0 0

4. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Not always, if it is on a decent scanner, you can see the rpm in measuring blocks but you will have to keep cranking for abut 30 seconds to allow the tester to reconnect, ignore the oil pressure warning you will get, it is irrelevant.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher I will try my best to check the crank sensor today.

0 0 0

6. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Can’t find the crank sensor I heard that it’s inside gearbox casing please don’t say it’s box out to change c sensor

0 0 0

7. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It is utterly evil to get at, oil filter bracket off. You must use a good condition unworn ball ended 4-mm hex key and if you damage the screw that holds the sensor in, yes it is box out, clutch, flywheel and sump off and new flywheel oil sealer holder installed using a special, very expensive, jig.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    They're great pics you have Crasher. What's the "oil seal holder"? The black plastic piece that the sensor sits into? What's that fancy jig tool actually doing?
    I changed that crank sensor on my BKD Golf when doing the flywheel as a precaution because I thought it could only be replaced with the box off, didn't realise you could get to it via removing the oil filter housing. I'm assuming the A3 BKD and Golf BKD are the same procedure.
    To the OP I used a genuine sensor and it was pricey enough, 60/70€ if i recall.

0 0 0

9. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Ahh balls, I thought it was later, I have shingles and a bit messed up. Yours just plugs into the block down in left lower corner of the block, as viewed from sitting in the car looking forwards.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Ahh balls, I thought it was later, I have shingles and a bit messed up. Yours just plugs into the block down in left lower corner of the block, as viewed from sitting in the car looking forwards.
    No, you're correct, with my 2008 golf BKD the gearbox had to come off to replace the sensor, unless you can get to it somehow by removing the oil filter housing as you show in your pics. It's not just bolted into the lower left of the block.

What's that fancy tool jig thing doing, is it for pressing in the oil seal or is it to remove the black plastic circular piece?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast