Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Also a fella mentioned about injector loom but what would be the symptoms
    Quote Originally Posted by gcq7 View Post
    Managed to fit new speed sensor today but still won’t start and I’m getting fault code 01314 ecm no signal intermittent any ideas 

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Also a fella mentioned about injector loom but what would be the symptoms
    Been looking at relays today below dashboard fuse box and there’s one with 460 written on it I believe it supplies the ecm I removed relay and one of the fatter pins seems a little wobbly but when I removed the cover it doesn’t seem to have any broken joints ,can’t get one to try until Monday now which is a pain ...any thoughts on my findings 🙃

0 0 0

3. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    A relay with a loose terminal is not good, for 30 years I have been fighting relay problems.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    A relay with a loose terminal is not good, for 30 years I have been fighting relay problems.
    i was hoping to hear that as I’m running out of ideas..do you think by The symptoms that it could be an injector wiring loom problem, hope you don’t mind me asking questions...if you ever need any plastering help I’m here for you 👍 ..one other thing I should mention is when I was removing the crank sensor a piece of plastic came out and it didn’t look like a piece of the sensor,been looking back at the pictures you forwarded and I’m hoping it’s not a piece of the sensor pick up 🙄

0 0 0

5. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Have you tried disconnecting the battery to remove any fuzz from the electrical system. Probably not going to help but it's easy to do and eliminate

0 0 0

6. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverfan View Post
    Have you tried disconnecting the battery to remove any fuzz from the electrical system. Probably not going to help but it's easy to do and eliminate
    Yes left it disconnected over night but no joy ..it’s a real puzzler 🥴

0 0 0

7. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Is there another similar relay in the car that you could remove and swap in place of the questionable one? Or any other Vag cars in the household that might have a similar relay to try.
    Does the car even try and start now?
    I replaced the injector loom on my old golf Mkiv, the looms are common to break down over time within the can cover among the oil and heat but it gave me intermittent engine juddering for like 3 months until I tracked it down, didn't leave a fault code until near the end and never stopped the car from starting. I doubt it's your injector loom unless it's at the connector plug of it and is not connected properly maybe, but I doubt its the injector loom itself within the cam cover.

Are all your fuse links / earths at the battery / fuse box ok and not corroded?

Did you check Ross tech for your fault code?

01314 - Ross-Tech Wiki

You probably need to scan the car with VCDS to try read what value in the measuring block 125 mentioned below?

"Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
    • Usually Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 125+ show the current Communication Status"

It was a relay problem for the lad in the link below, different car but same fault code: 01314
    Golf intermittent no start, 01314 code, need help - TDIClub Forums

From having a general search of this code it appears it can be caused if a fuse is missing or in the wrong place.

0 0 0

8. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    thanks for reply,no other relays in car that i could swap ,my mrs has an a5 cab but she wont let me near it tbh i don"t blame her as most of the time i"m either covered in plaster or oil haha, well hopefully i can rule out the injector loom, the guy i bought the a3 off did say he had one fitted about 6 years ago,unfortunately i aint got vcds i"m using my pals snap on diagnostics,i will try a new relay tomorrow and see if i get any joy ,car cranks over but just wont fire ,give it a sniff and it will run but as soon as i stop it stops and i dont want to keep forcing the old girl to run on brake cleaner as some nasty noises are heard when i get a bit over excited spraying it in .

0 0 0

9. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    thanks for reply,no other relays in car that i could swap ,my mrs has an a5 cab but she wont let me near it tbh i don"t blame her as most of the time i"m either covered in plaster or oil haha, well hopefully i can rule out the injector loom, the guy i bought the a3 off did say he had one fitted about 6 years ago,unfortunately i aint got vcds i"m using my pals snap on diagnostics,i will try a new relay tomorrow and see if i get any joy ,car cranks over but just wont fire ,give it a sniff and it will run but as soon as i stop it stops and i dont want to keep forcing the old girl to run on brake cleaner as some nasty noises are heard when i get a bit over excited spraying it in .
    forgot to say i tried all fuses and made double sure there are none fitted in wrong place ,thanks for helping.

0 0 0

10. Re: A3 2.0tdi bkd stalled won’t start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I spent all last summers free time covered in plaster rebuilding my bathroom. After putting up all new board and backing plaster, I used decorators skim and then hand flatted every surface with 120 and then sealed it with PVA, heavily primed it with oil based primer, left it to dry and flatted it again. You could paint the walls gloss black in flatted and polished two pack and they would not show a ripple; yep, sad man... but I did them in light Matt Grey!

Anyway, you rushed ahead there a bit yesterday and lost me as I was doing the garden and putting a new battery in Mrs Crashers locked down Polo. What does this piece of plastic look like? Do you have diagnostic equipment that can show measuring data?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast