Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please.

1. Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Q5 2.0 TDI had complete loss of power a few months back and had a snapped crankshaft... (so I am told).
    A New re-con engine went in with all the new uprates such as oil pump, new c/belt & water pump.

I have had a re-con engine, but also new fuel system as (again I was told) there were contamination in the fuel (sludge), and it was that that most likely led to my engine failure.
    The engine is running, but now DPF light on, reduced power and some white smoke...., forced regen hasn't worked (Update no regen was done at this time)
    My question is what are the options / causes to rectify the issue please.

Safe to say this car is rather unlucky….

TY
    Last edited by 7up; 02-05-2020 at 10:38 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    "
    DPF light on, reduced power and some white smoke...., forced regen hasn't worked "

With the DPF light on & reduced power mode there will be some fault codes stored.

If someone has tried a forced regen then it has been either connected to VDCS or the dealers system & codes will have been seen.

You need to get a current VCDS scan noted, then fault codes cleared & see what comes back after a run.

Post your scans here & hopefully it will give a clue as to what is wrong.

0 0 0

3. Re: Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philipharmes View Post
    "
    DPF light on, reduced power and some white smoke...., forced regen hasn't worked "

With the DPF light on & reduced power mode there will be some fault codes stored.

If someone has tried a forced regen then it has been either connected to VDCS or the dealers system & codes will have been seen.

You need to get a current VCDS scan noted, then fault codes cleared & see what comes back after a run.

Post your scans here & hopefully it will give a clue as to what is wrong.
    Thank you - will update when I can

0 0 0

4. Re: Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7up View Post
    Thank you - will update when I can
    Hi sorry for the late update , it appears the DPF was blocked bad, I misconstrued a regen was NOT done.
    It has been cleaned out and now runs fine, however there is one error left regarding exhaust temp sensor.
    I guess a replacement is needed..I have the 170 TDI ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Yes, get it fixed ASAP or the DPF may well start to block up again.

The ECU needs to know what is going on temperature wise to manage the regen.

0 0 0

6. Re: Ongoing issue(s) with my Q5, advice wanted please. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philipharmes View Post
    Yes, get it fixed ASAP or the DPF may well start to block up again.

The ECU needs to know what is going on temperature wise to manage the regen.

Thanks very much, this has now been completed , error gone , car running fine.
    Any idea if any of my issues are linked at all , sure is unlucky this car.
    I would really like to see if I can get to the bottom of what happened.

Some more background :

I remember driving down my road with music playing where I heard a humming noise and I turned the music down to listen, got to junction and pulled away , got up to 50mph and then started losing power, then loud banging under the bonnet and I mean loud , absolutely no warning lights at all. I pulled over and switched off engine. Tried cranking and bang bang bang bang, so did no more.
    Checked cambelt by taking cover off and saw that it was on tight still.

Got it recovered and then taken to a garage who advised on a replacement engine.
    Old engine found to have snapped crankshaft
    Recon engine went in and would not start, no electric power from injectors. (These were later tested and failed, so replaced)
    Advised that the fuel was contaminated and primary fuel pump had failed with parts going in to the fuel system

After replacement HP pump(s) and a replacement primary pump, engine started but had glow plugs warning, these were replaced.
    Engine running , but cutting out restricted power, dpf sensor.
    The latest fixes in previous replies have the car running again.

Would anybody (by chance of a miracle please) know what the hell happened to my car !!
    Last edited by 7up; 05-05-2020 at 09:28 PM.

0 0 0