Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Morning all,
    I hope everybody is doing ok and keeping well in theses strange times.
    Brief description of fault, Boot releases/opens when reverse selected since genuine emblem camera fitted. any ideas suggestions please, read on for further information.

As we all, well most of us, have a bit of free time on our hands lets hope we get a chance to do all the little mods and tweaks we've been wanting to do for a while now but just never had the time to do it. Me, I've started already and just when I thought I'd done the first job on the list, I hit a wall, let me explain.
    Fitted a genuine VW RVC emblem camera 5K0 827 469
    connected to RNS510 DAB
    activated camera with VCDS,
    upshot is, select reverse, have very good image on RNS, with the lines, side silhouette of the vehicle with park assist showing up, options on the right for screen adjustments, marvellous, all as should be, out of reverse, few seconds delay, camera retracts all as it should.
    BUT, when you select reverse the boot releases! and then the screen just goes to park assist mode, close the boot and you can have the image back by touching the little button on screen and the boot stays closed/locked until the next time you select reverse.
    the car is a 2007 EoS with a great amount of upgrades/mods that I have done myself but lets be honest it is basically a MKv Golf, any mod I have done is done right and according to the spec wiring diagrams so I know I've not got anything else interfering with the camera/boot locking system.
    Before the camera instal had no issues with the boot or locks.
    I know many of you might complain this is in the wrong category but to be fair there's not much info in the EoS section at all.

The collective wisdom will be greatly appreciated at this time so if you've got any ideas I'm listening, no matter how daft they might seem.

0 0 0

2. Re: Genuine reverse emblem camera boot opening when reverse selected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Who's wiring kit did you use, Kufatec?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Genuine reverse emblem camera boot opening when reverse selected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,
    thanks for getting back to me,
    Yes I believe it is either Kufatec or genuine VW, plugs are all stamped with logo and wires are coloured aside from the two link wires to the boot release, they are both yellow 1mm and numbered.
    BUT, one thing I noted, there was NO earth fly-lead/connection wire, not even cut back from the loom that I can find, so obviously there was no action to start with until I introduced an earth link to the loom.
    any thoughts?
    I've got the intermediate loom out and with me if you could advise on the pin outs just to be certain.

thanks
    Dave

0 0 0

4. Re: Genuine reverse emblem camera boot opening when reverse selected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think I found when fixing a stuck latch on our Touran that is a "going low" from 12V to 0V that sends boot release signal to control module. The control module then sends tbe actual release signal to latch. So I'd be looking at any mods into the release button loom to see if there is anything causing a volt drop, including rush of current to lights, camera, etc.

0 0 0

5. Re: Genuine reverse emblem camera boot opening when reverse selected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    NAILED IT!

Right, just an update in case anybody else does come across the same issue.

it would appear that the loom, believed to be a Kufatec one, was a bit squiffy, not only was there no earth fly lead on the loom but, on further investigation and stripping the loom completely I found the connector that now goes to the body loom for boot release was incorrectly pinned, hence a real head scratcher when I later realised that even unlocking the doors by remote OR just opening a door when they were all closed made the boot pop!!! AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!,
    SO, quick pin swap on the Body loom (easiest to de-pin first) so earth is now pin 1 and micro switch return now on pin 2, run earth jump to main loom too,
    Result, yippee, all good!
    obviously the main RVC unit getting a permanent earth on the trigger feed was enough to completely confuse it and as such no feed of earth to the micro switch stopped the boot release handle working correctly.
    hopefully you’ll get what I mean. But most of all it sorted.
    thanks to Crusher and VAG-Abound for your input too.

0 0 0

6. Re: Genuine reverse emblem camera boot opening when reverse selected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Kufatec quality control strikes again... on one I did, the front parking centre sensors were wired the wrong way around!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0