1. Cylinder Head Help please 2.0tdi BLB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all my 2.0 BLB cylinder head is porous so i have sourced a 2nd hand cylinder head but from what i remember there was a problem with an early batch of these heads. Does anyone know the part numbers of the affected batch ? Also where is the part number located ?

Also i see the head gaskets have id holes in them 1-3 how do i know which head gasket i require ?

0 0 0

2. Re: Cylinder Head Help please 2.0tdi BLB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Don't have it refaced as that will remove the HIP treatment and it will be porus again. I don't know the batch codes and the number on the head (although it looks like a pat number) is the casting number which didn't chnage. There is a date marker on the head but again, I don't know the dates.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Cylinder Head Help please 2.0tdi BLB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Don't have it refaced as that will remove the HIP treatment and it will be porus again.
    Will not having the 2nd hand head skimmed befor fitting not cause any problems ?

Also have you any knowledge of the hole markers on the head gasket as the seems to be 3 ?

I did a little searching into the small hours of the morning and it would seem the part numbers are all the same its the letter on the end that are the key with A being the worst followed by B then C which C hasthe least problems

0 0 0

4. Re: Cylinder Head Help please 2.0tdi BLB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The "part number" of a BARE BLB head is 03G 103 351 B and is common right across the VAG group model range on all sorts of different 2L 16v PD TDI engines from 2004 to 2013, such as the AZV, BKD, BMN, BMA, BKP, BUZ, BMR, BUY, BNA, BRE, BRF and BVG. THis however is not the "casting" number you will find on the head. VAG say to check the head surface with a straight edge and feeler gauge "at several points" to ensure any distortion is less than 0.1mm, it then goes on to state "NOTE The cylinder heads of Diesel engines must not be machined". The head gasket thickness, 1, 2 or 3 hole depends on the piston protrusion at TDC so you must stick to what the block was fitted with. According to the Audi TPI 2009047/8, the problems with oil getting into the coolant are the top surface of the block "Haar Riss" or hair cracking around the head gasket alignment dowel sleeves.
    Last edited by Crasher; 31-03-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Cylinder Head Help please 2.0tdi BLB 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info its helped a lot