1. Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys I bought a cheap 2006 caddy a few weeks ago with a knackered engine. Bought it totally blind. When I got it had a look and the cambelt had snapped. Engine code BLS.

After a bit of research for a new engine I decided to not get another bls but instead a ASZ

I followed all the guides on the net, new crank seal with the pick up in, knocked hole in engine for crank sensor changed cam pulley and sensor, swapped all injectors turbo etc over modified water pipes and inter cooler hose. All went great new cambelt , dual mass clutch fitted at the same time.

Put the engine in and back together, started almost instantly and ran great, until it gets warm it cuts out Sometimes misses a bit then cuts out then
    Really struggles to start after that, but eventually does, but with glow plug light flashing and red oil light on, but again runs fine for a while. Whilst it has been running I have drove it a few miles and runs really well and goes really well. I’m new to vcds but the fault code on there comes up with

P0726 RPM SIGNAL from ecu

When I put the engine together I used the tool that come with the new crank seal to line up pick up. And had the engine timed up. Personally I don’t think it’s anything to do with the pick up as If it was wrong surely it wouldn’t start up well sometimes and run so good if it was even a fraction out?

I’m guessing crank sensor at the mo? But this came from a presumabley good runner until cambelt snapped on previous engine

Any help is really appreciated thanks James

0 0 0

2. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes, the G28 crank speed sender. Did you use the alignment jig to fit the new seal and have the locking plate in the front pulley when pressing the seal on?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi crashed thanks for the reply. I didn’t use the vw tool. Just the little plastic thing that comes with the new seal. I have previously done 2 like it before at work due to the seal failing and didn’t have a issue before. If it was out by a fraction would it not cause issues all the time?

0 0 0

4. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don’t know, I bought the jig over ten years ago when the intermediate shaft fiasco began and have always used it. I often have garages call me who are having problems after fitting a new seal without the tool, it is how I got the first job of this type when another garage bailed on the job and gave it to me. You could try fitting a new sensor.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I will try get hold of a sensor Monday, just hope the hole I made is big enough to get to it, looks tight

0 0 0

6. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Bet you enjoyed grinding that hole, I have done a few block internals recently to clear longer stroke cranks and it takes weeks to get all the nasty little shards of cast iron out of the workshop, when one finds your finger they bloody sting! Over the decades I have needed up in eye casualty a few times after going in the shower and having a piece of cast iron in my hair go into my eye, a downside of having so much hair.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah was a mare. Looking at that pic I really don’t think I’m gonna get to the bolt. I put the sensor on while the gearbox was off like a wally!

0 0 0

8. Re: Caddy - cuts out when warm 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could only get hold of a cheap sensor - it’s worked and fixeD the problem I had to remove oil filter housing and didn’t have a new gasket so I’m gonna get a genuine sensor and new gasket ASAP. If anyone wants any info on changing bls to ASZ drop me a message and I will try and help

1 2 0