Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi folks,
    Just joined to Audi family with an A6 C7 2.0 TDI 190 S-Tronic Ultra 2016 with 30k on the clock. Very proud to have it and absolutely loving it. The only issue so far is the radio reception. Its RMC installed I believe.
    My previous cars has no problem at all in the area i live and drive(Manchester UK)
    However both FM and DAB reception are awfully bad doesn’t matter where i go. I was checking all around the net to find a fix but couldn’t find anything handy yet. The closest one I’ve seen is an A6 Avant which I believe the location of everything is different.
    Is there any way you can lead me to fix the issue or check the possible connection or cable issues? Couldn’t find the location of splitter etc or how to remove them.
    Your help is much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Poor FM DAB Reception... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    DAB reception can be affected by cheap plug-in chargers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

3. Re: Poor FM DAB Reception... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I could be very wrong and I can’t fully remember but we had a similar issue which resulted in something like the rear window being replaced - like I say I can’t fully remember why the issue was or if this was even the fix? There is a thread in here somewhere about it if that’s the same issue you’re having?

0 0 0

4. Re: Poor FM DAB Reception... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    As kite, chargers and dashcam power leads cause problems.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: Poor FM DAB Reception... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there - I had this problem on my then new C7 2015 FL BE. The aerial for the DAB is, I think, weaved into the rear window somehow! Maybe in and around the heating lines? Anyway, once that rear window was replaced - under warranty - all was good with the DAB again. Hope this helps. Good luck!

0 0 0

6. Re: Poor FM DAB Reception... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Does it have a dash cam fitted? If so, I wonder if the cheap 12v adapter is causing the issue? If it is, then you'll need to use a couple of ferrite cores to suppress the noise.
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

0 0 0