Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !!

1. Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    All,

I've been searching across various sites but not found anything too helpfull and hoping someone can help me resolve a really strange problem on my 2014 A7 which has xenon plus headlamps.

In it's MOT test it failed as the passenger side and driver side headlamps have different paterns which I initially thought could be MMI related but seems more to be I might have an incorrect headlight unit which is a bit odd to say the least.

Is there a way to establish this without ripping the car to bits to check what the units are each side ?

Also does anyone know if there is a any sort of history kept by Audi on what left the factory as I can't help think this may have been a production issue if one of the lights is indeed the wrong unit.

thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Private message me your REG and I can tell you what the part numbers should be for the car.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Your headlights should be 4G8941043A left and 4G8941044A right. Because they are £893.76 each, if damaged people tend to cut corners.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    So that's the 4th MOT? Can you take it to same test station as last year (assuming you didn't already)?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the part numbers I'll check what they are. Do you know which part shapes the beam i.e. is it possible to re-use the bulb, ballast etc and get the outer shell part ?

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I did wonder if I could get it through by revisiting the same place that did it last year however as I plan to keep the car for a few years I'm thinking I will try and resolve the issue as cheaply as possible.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdg123 View Post
    I did wonder if I could get it through by revisiting the same place that did it last year however as I plan to keep the car for a few years I'm thinking I will try and resolve the issue as cheaply as possible.

If you also think they're different that make sense. I wasn't sure if there was a margin of individual tester opinion that you're on the edge of.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    We did an R32 that had a near side beam pattern problem, the only cure was a new unit. Firstly I would check the bulb is the correct D3S-42V35W specification of good quality and fitted properly. Because the genuine bulb is £182.17, people cut corners.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A7 Failed MOT headlamp beams different patterns strange !! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    We did an R32 that had a near side beam pattern problem, the only cure was a new unit. Firstly I would check the bulb is the correct D3S-42V35W specification of good quality and fitted properly. Because the genuine bulb is £182.17, people cut corners.
    OK thanks again for the info I'll check everything out this evening / tomorrow.

0 0 0