Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Guys, Need assistance please.

Just purchased a 2008 A6 le Mans 3.0 tdi quattro in my favourite colour.. RED.

having checked the car over I never realised apart from missing Sat Nav which is no issue, it has no Telephone Prep / Bluetooth? Find that astonishing on a 2008 when it's pretty standard on lot of cars even older.
    Unfortunately for me I'm on the road quite a bit with work and get calls too often.
    Please can someone here advise how to get Bluetooth... Ideally with music streaming but not essential on my car without breaking the bank? I've seen so e Ami kits online but not sure. Also, whilst I'm baffled it has no Bluetooth, does it have Aux, as I can't seem to find it..unless I'm blind 😎

Thanks..

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Adding the same to our 58 plate VW was a bit of a head scratcher, but very succesful in the end. The challenge was that older VAG telephone modules weren't vety Bluetooth standards compliant, but newer ones that wrre tgen didn't work well with the dashboard systems of older cars. Specifically, the dash systems that can integrate steering column controls for phone use an older or newer control protocol depending on whether they use red or white dot displays respectively.

I eventually selected a new Bluetooth, new protocol VAG preperation module that doesn't work with our red dot dash, but integrates very nicely with the RNS510 radio that was already fitted for making and receiving calls, plus undersrands music streaming. One useful steering control that does work is I can push the * button on the wheel to read out a number to dial. This is more of an RNS feature than telephone module capability though.

So do you have a radio with a PHONE and MEDiA buttons on which case it woll probably give you what you want from a VAG module? And which dashboard as it can also probably control a module of the right vintage?

Once added the modules need coding into the car, just to tell it the module is now fitted.

AUx is usually simple module to back of radio. Also needs activating iIRC.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Best to look on https://www.kufatec.com/en/listing/index/sCategory/480

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meffe View Post
    Hi Guys, Need assistance please.

Just purchased a 2008 A6 le Mans 3.0 tdi quattro in my favourite colour.. RED.

having checked the car over I never realised apart from missing Sat Nav which is no issue, it has no Telephone Prep / Bluetooth? Find that astonishing on a 2008 when it's pretty standard on lot of cars even older.
    Unfortunately for me I'm on the road quite a bit with work and get calls too often.
    Please can someone here advise how to get Bluetooth... Ideally with music streaming but not essential on my car without breaking the bank? I've seen so e Ami kits online but not sure. Also, whilst I'm baffled it has no Bluetooth, does it have Aux, as I can't seem to find it..unless I'm blind 

Thanks..

Off the top of my head, you have a couple of options you can investigate:

1. Have the OEM bluetooth module retrofitted. This will give you the ability to make calls, but I don't think it supports music streaming in a pre-facelift A6 with MMI 2G (I'm assuming this is what you have?)
    https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...tooth-retrofit

2. Look at something like a Dension Gateway 500 BT which also works through the MMI interface, and allows you to make calls and also stream music (as well as hard-wired connections for iPod, USB etc).
    Gateway 500S BT | Dension

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi mate.
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, even the radio or column shows no tel button or function. Again, I'm surprised the car was not even fitted with it as standard. Other option is completely separate parrot device but prefer to find a compatible device or someone who has already done this point me in the right direction

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

I had a dension 500 in my 2006 a8 for music which worked wonder.. Sold with car as I thought in future wouldn't be required.. Who knew?
    Anyway, just to answer your question, car is 2008 pre facelift

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Can you recognise your radio model from pictures on the web? RCD or RNS prefix then 200, 210, 300, 310, 500, 510 should find it. So RCD210, RNS310, etc.

I'd probably look to fit an RCD510 radio and appropriate VAG telephone module. Probably end up more expensive than a Kenwood or similar Bluetooth unit though, or 3rd party phone prep added to whatever you have already.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    There wont be any buttons on the radio on the A6, it will be by the mmi control, some have a very basic set up, it can all be retro fitted but not cost affective, a used bluetooth module for a 04-08 A6 is still around £150, and the last wire install kit i brought from kufatec for a phone install have terrible instructions.
    If you have a telephone button by the mmi control then https://www.kufatec.com/en/handsfree...i-mmi-2g-37196
    Would be the best solution in my opinion.
    Regards Dean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meffe View Post
    Hi mate.
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, even the radio or column shows no tel button or function. Again, I'm surprised the car was not even fitted with it as standard. Other option is completely separate parrot device but prefer to find a compatible device or someone who has already done this point me in the right direction

So your car has MMI 2G Basic - with the red screen? I believe you can still use the Dension Gateway 500 BT, and use the buttons on the steering wheel to operate it. The link below seems to confirm this too:

Dension Gateway 500S BT - GW52MO1 - Audi MMI 2G Basic & High - MOST - Single FOT - A6 (4F) | VAG-Navisystems

Might be worth checking with Dension directly to make sure it would be suitable before you spend any cash on one though.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 2008 3.0 tdi NO BLUETOOTH KIT 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you guys for the reply. Yes, it's the basic mmi red screen and I have checked the Dension does seem to be the best option which is cost effective. Appreciate your help lads.. I'll update once I've git it sorted.. Thanks again

0 0 0