Hi all, would love some advice from any mechanically/electrically minded people.
Long story short - car failed MOT on DPF. I booked the car into the garage on thursday to tidy up the DPF and reprogramme the ECU (as apparently somebody had botched up and taken the DPF) The garage were apparently unable to reprogramme the ECU as the last remap had been corrupted (?) Aside from the EML coming on (code read it was DPF) I have had no problems with the ECU and the car has always started whilst I have owned it.
I picked the car up on Friday evening and drove home fine. The garage told me they removed the ECU to reprogramme but were unable to do it due to the corrupted ECU. Come saturday, I managed to unlock the doors with the electronic key and the car didnt start - no lights, no crank, nothing. The key then stopped working due to no power - I couldn't lock the doors electronically and had to do it manually.
I rang the garage who came out and tried jump starting the car. The lights came on the dash though this could have been the power from his car? Still the car didnt start at all. The mechanic also mentioned that to start it on the day I picked it up, they had to jump start it?! (they could have mentioned this)
I am awaiting the garage to come pick up the car but am worried. What has happened to my car? Could the removal of the ECU and attempt at reprogramming have caused this?
The car has always started fine and drove fine and now after having this done the following day the car does not start