1. Smile TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was considering changing my car however the miles I drive a year makes it hard to justify.

I have an A4 B8 TDi 136 bhp model 1968cc manufacture date 2011

The car is a pleasure to drive with just the disappointing power output which got me onto thinking that I could look to remap the car.

I'm after some forum knowledge as to the differences between the 136 bhp model and the 170 ? they seem to be the same engine is this correct?
    The tax on the car is £30 per year which makes me think it may be exactly the same but with an ecu de-tune to manage this.

Who would be recommended to re map the car as I live in Scotland and any information regarding the expected power outcome would be with the many thanks.

even someone who has had this work carried out with some before and after information would be perfect.

0 0 0

2. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I dont think they are the same hardware as if you look online they tune to different bhp which means the 170 has stronger hardware. There are loads of companies now doing the tuning but my personal favourite for reliability is Celtic Tuning

0 0 0

3. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Not sure how the Road Tax figure helps you figure that out. What am I missing...

The engine code from the white sticker in service book or boot, or black sticker on passenger door pillar will help you and others explore what is possible.

Many of the 140-ish engines tune to 170 with remap, higher with bigger turbo. Then you get injector, fuel pump, DMF, etc limits.

EDIT

Take a look at https://www.dyno-chiptuningfiles.com...di-136hp-3761/ for typical outcome.

Stock 170 will usually have bigger turbo, and map to overr 200bhp. 140 will map to 170, and smaller turbo reduce lag compared to stock 170 with bigger turbo.

0 0 0

4. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply's

In relation to the TAX bracket the car is 136bhp with low emissions to achieve this low tax bracket , I was wondering if this was purely an ecu de-turn from the 170 model.
    Mainly for the reason that a 170 map could be flashed over the existing.

As i might as well keep the car an increase in power is all the car seems to need.

0 0 0

5. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently picked up a 2014 a4 avant with the 136bhp engine. Lovely car to drive but it could do with some more horses.
    Ive been looking through alot of fourms and from what i see the 136 is very similar to the 170, 1 guy said the 170 has a bigger turbo but this wasnt confirmed.
    I do know they both run the same clutch so at least you know this is capable of managing the extra power of a remap.
    1 well know tuning company(dont know if its ok to name them) is giving data from their "fast road remap"
    134bhp to 206bhp +72%
    236lb/ft to 298 lb/ft +62%

If this is correct it would confirm your original idea that the 136bhp is just a de tuned 170...... I hope your right lol

0 0 0

6. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    If you look around places like Darkside you'll find notes on original and upgrade turbos that show 170 and 140 had different ones. 140 turbo can usually support uprate to 170. 170 big enough for 200 plus. Getting 200 out of a 140 engine thetefore needs turbo upgrade, and suitable hoses, etc.

BTW, 134 to 206 is about 50%.

0 0 0

7. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes i agree, the figures I quoted are directly from the tuners website

0 0 0

8. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Looking at it again theyve just stuck a % on the end of the abbsolute increase of 72bhp

0 1 0

9. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I fitted a tuning box to mine made a massive difference to the drive.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
    Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 2009

0 0 0

10. Re: TDi remap on 136 B8 model questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Chris,

Did you ever get around to remapping your Audi A4 136bhp? If so how has it been? I have the same model and looking at a standard remap up to 186bhp. Matt

0 0 0