1. Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Audi sales mans and technician are so useless sometimes.

When I ordered the my new Q7 I have asked to have an adaptive cruise control(ACC) as a minimum.
    I can see that my new Q7 comes with Adaptive Cruise assist (ACA) included in the Tour Pack, which is of course superior to my current ACC on my A7.
    Long story short, I asked the dealer to tell me if that includes Traffic Jam assist and he was unable to confirm. Made an excuse that Audi have not provided them with brochures, and now they are in the dark.
    Any of you have the system, and can shed some light?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A8_London View Post
    Audi sales mans and technician are so useless sometimes.

When I ordered the my new Q7 I have asked to have an adaptive cruise control(ACC) as a minimum.
    I can see that my new Q7 comes with Adaptive Cruise assist (ACA) included in the Tour Pack, which is of course superior to my current ACC on my A7.
    Long story short, I asked the dealer to tell me if that includes Traffic Jam assist and he was unable to confirm. Made an excuse that Audi have not provided them with brochures, and now they are in the dark.
    Any of you have the system, and can shed some light?

I’m hoping it’s not inferior to what we have in the to the pre facelift - if it’s the same then yes it’ll have TJA - but it only works in traffic at 20mph or less

Edit: having read the Configurator spec for Tour Pack I’m not sure as there is no specific mention of it

0 0 0

3. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    I’m hoping it’s not inferior to what we have in the to the pre facelift - if it’s the same then yes it’ll have TJA - but it only works in traffic at 20mph or less

Edit: having read the Configurator spec for Tour Pack I’m not sure as there is no specific mention of it
    The interesting thing is that on Audi Media website, the mention that Traffic jam assist is a sub-system of ACA.:
    "Poised and safe on the road: the driver assist systems An extensive range of driver assist systems is available for the new Audi Q7, divided up into the Tour and City packages. The adaptive cruise assist, which combines the functions of adaptive cruise control, traffic jam assist, and active lane assist, reduces the driver’s workload particularly on long journeys."

0 0 0

4. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    The interesting thing is that on Audi Media website, the mention that Traffic jam assist is a sub-system of ACA.:
    "Poised and safe on the road: the driver assist systems An extensive range of driver assist systems is available for the new Audi Q7, divided up into the Tour and City packages. The adaptive cruise assist, which combines the functions of adaptive cruise control, traffic jam assist, and active lane assist, reduces the driver’s workload particularly on long journeys."

Yeah just seen this - same on Audi USA as well. Worth giving Audi Customer Service a buzz - I mean they are usually pretty hopeless to be fair but sometimes just sometimes they can tell you...

0 0 0

5. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Yes, it has Traffic Jam Assist. My new SQ8 has it as a part of ACA and it works the same as in my previous 2016 Q7.
    According to Audi:
    Adaptive cruise assistant provides comfortable driving in the speed range from 0 to a maximum of 250 km / h and in traffic jams; it consists of adaptive speed assistant and track maintenance assistant and supports the driver during acceleration, braking, maintaining a set speed and distance to the preceding car and driving on a selected lane.

0 1 0

6. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    but it only works in traffic at 20mph or less
    I think, you are wrong on it. As far as I know, the minimum speed of the ACC is 20mph (30km/h), but the TJA can drive faster or slower. Unfortunately the TJA works for a very limited period...
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    I think, you are wrong on it. As far as I know, the minimum speed of the ACC is 20mph (30km/h), but the TJA can drive faster or slower. Unfortunately the TJA works for a very limited period...
    You could well be right - I’ve only ever used it at 20mph and below.

As in whenever I’ve enabled it the ACC speed you’re right shows at 20mph and my traffic has been less that 20mph as is

0 0 0

8. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    I have ACC with line assist on my 2016 A7 and ACC works from 0, but kine assist starts at 40mph.

0 0 0

9. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I have ACC with line assist on my 2016 A7 and ACC works from 0, but kine assist starts at 40mph.

To activate TJA you have to pull ACA lever and push the button of Lane Assist on turn signal lever. It works from "0" and you can still adjust the maximum speed and distance via ACA lever. The same as in Q7 before FL. Unfortunately, still when the car in front of you stops for longer than 15 sec. you have to activate it again by pulling the ACA lever or pressing acceleration pedal. Exactly the same as in older Q7 with the difference that TJA is now a part of ACA and not the separate system.

0 0 0

10. Re: Adaptive Cruise Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I thought it was 2 seconds wait before you need to pull the lever to reactivate on the pre FL models.. and it can handle speed up to40mph before switching to normal ACC.. 15 seconds would make the system so much more usable..

On the old model when TJA is active the ACC icon on the dash and HUD will change to TJA icon (little cars stacking up).. and switch between ACC and TJA I'd automatic depending on situation (mainly speed). If it is one system on the new models I guess there is no switch between just one system handle all speed range?
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast