Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The flywheel seal is bolted to the crack of the block.
    Sorry you got me lost there now.. Are you referring to the "crack of the block" as in here...

as this is where the oil is leaking from. (Either the 2 circles highlighted in blue) or (the 2 red arrows pointing to the line where the top and bottom head meet).

This part | Flickr

Thank you.

0 0 0

2. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The flywheel seal is bolted to the crack of the block.
    Have done some research and I think I have found where it is leaking oil from. This is a diagram of the CAXA engine and it seems to be leaking oil from this area here. It seems like there is a O ring in the block and then the end cap after it... What are the chances this O ring has split and now oil is seeping everywhere?? First time I have heard of this unless it is common?

leak from here | Flickr

cylinder head; cylinder head cover; cover for inta... Golf/Variant/4Motion (GOLF) 2009 year Volkswagen EUROPA 103041

0 0 0

3. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    They are the O rings for the cam locking plate blanks in the head, not the block, for when you do the chains, the are only under crankcase pressure and are huge, we don't even replace them when we do chains. the is a BLP engine but it is the same

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The “crack” was my iPad predictive text in control, it should have said back...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Found the culprit...

Camshaft Adjustment Solenoid Valve Fits Audi A1 2010 2018 A3 2003 20 Febi 107452 4054224074527 | eBay

Next to the oil filler cap/ ignition coils under the engine casing. The head split from the center piece. The center piece was still stuck in engine (used a screw to get it out) and the long rod bit was also in the engine broken from the center piece! Oil was going every where!

I used my brothers donor engine to "lend" the part from as VW couldnt seem to find it on their diagram. Its called something along the lines of camshaft adjustment solenoid valve?

Camshaft Adjustment Solenoid Valve Fits Audi A1 2010 2018 A3 2003 20 Febi 107452 4054224074527 | eBay

0 0 0

6. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    The 03C... code on the eBay listing should help dealer find it on on the "Electrics / Impulse Sender" page of their diagrams, confirm right variant, etc .

Can you read that full code from the broken part?
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 21-02-2020 at 03:34 PM.

0 0 0

7. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    We fitted a new aftermarket one of those earlier this week, it was too tight into the O ring bore and stuck, trying to pull it out by hand, the mounting tag snapped off! The spot welds were ****...

[/url]

[/url]

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We fitted a new aftermarket one of those earlier this week, it was too tight into the O ring bore and stuck, trying to pull it out by hand, the mounting tag snapped off! The spot welds were ****...

[/url]

[/url]

Did seem a pain as mine broke off in 3 parts and the washer/seal was left in the top head of the engine, removed it by tightening a bolt into it and lots of wd40. There was good news and also some bad! I thought the knocking was due to the sensor leaking oil but now that the sensor has been replaced, I am still getting a clunking which seems to be coming from the passenger wheel. I have tried to push on the wheel while on the jack and there is no play in the wheel. When rotating the front passenger wheel backwards by hand, you can hear a clunk noise at 2 certain parts of the rotation of the wheel. Seems like the first clunk starts when I rotate the wheel backwards HALF way and then the next clunk is when the wheel returns back to its original place. When driving, it is very noticeable that the noise is there, sounds more like ticking/clunking. I have replaced the passenger side driveshaft which hasnt made a difference. Is this something to do with the gearbox?

Thanks.

0 0 0

9. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Impossible to say without sampling it in the flesh.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12