Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

Can someone advice me please. I have a Golf MK6 1.4 TSI 2009 I just bought and there is a pool of oil on the floor as well as a knocking sound when driving under 8mph (Increases as the speed increases but becomes faint as the speed gets higher). I have uploaded some videos of where the oil leak is coming from and it seems to be coming from between the gearbox and engine seal. I have heard these cars are common for rear main seal leaks so would that be the issue here? As for the knocking I thought it was the passenger side driveshaft which I have replaced and the noise is quiter than normal which is leading me to believe that maybe the driver side driveshaft is gone? Or is the knocking sound related to the oil leak coming from the between the gearbox and engine?

Dropbox - video-1581959346.mp4 - Simplify your life

Dropbox - video-1581959372.mp4 - Simplify your life

Dropbox - video-1581959431.mp4 - Simplify your life

Please advice me before I throw money at the car

Thank you!

0 0 0

2. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I can’t see the video, you need to use something like Flickr. Is the oil black and not smelly or clear and smells like something died?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I can’t see the video, you need to use something like Flickr. Is the oil black and not smelly or clear and smells like something died?
    I have provided flickr links now. Hopefully they will have processed by the time you view them. The oil is black and not smelly. Dripping from the front of the car between the gear box and the engine. Have heard of "rear main seal" thats why assumed it might be to do with that?

hussnain habib has shared 1 video with you! | Flickr

Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

Update - The ENGINE oil leak is coming from the right side of the engine from either the head of the engine OR something I have no idea what it is called but it does say PA66-GF35 on both of the circle plastic parts of it but other than that there is no other writing on it. I have attached pictures of the part in question. It is leaking very badly literally in 5 minutes there is oil pouring out on the road because of this part. the entire gearbox is weeping of oil on the top of the gearbox because the oil is pouring onto the gearbox. Below this (PA66-GF35) part is the oil sensor. However I do not know if it coming from this PA66-GF35 part (If it is even replaceable as it just looks like 2 plastic circle covers or if it is coming from the engine top head leaking from the gasket. Tomorrow I will remove it to find out but maybe someone can tell me today what they think it is.

Here are all the pictures. Is it the part named PA66-GF35 or is it the engine top head pouring oil out of it.

hussnain habib has shared 7 photos with you! | Flickr

Thanks.

0 0 0

5. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Hopefully someone will recognise the part (maybe you can post the engine code that may be on a black sticker on the passenger door pillar to help them?), but the PA.... marking is just a recycling code: polyamide / nylon (PA) with 35% glass filler (GF35).

Right side when you're looking at the car from the front? Not when you're sitting in a seat?

0 0 0

6. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Hopefully someone will recognise the part (maybe you can post the engine code that may be on a black sticker on the passenger door pillar to help them?), but the PA.... marking is just a recycling code: polyamide / nylon (PA) with 35% glass filler (GF35).

Right side when you're looking at the car from the front? Not when you're sitting in a seat?
    Engine code is CAXA and right side from the front. Gearbox and battery on the right, next to the gear linkage cables and where the oil pressure sensor is. It is the plastic looking part right above the oil pressure sensor. Either the oil is seeping out from there or from the side of the top head (gasket leak) maybe. It is a lot of oil leaking.

Thank you for reply.

0 0 0

7. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    In the pictures I have posted if you look at the 3rd and 4th picture, you can see the black circle part i am talking about highlighted in blue circle and where the 2 blue 2 arrows are pointing is the side of the top head. Either it is leaking from this circle black part or the side of the top head.

Trying to figure out what the circle black thing is called.
    Thanks.

0 0 0

8. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Where did this go? Anyway, the system saved my reply before I passed out as usual.

It certainly looks like it is the flywheel oil seal. That TFSI/TSI engine is turning out to be a disaster, we have two here, one in a Scirocco just going back together after a full rebuild and the other broken in a Betle, the Scirocco wrecked two of its pistons and we suspect the Beetle is the same.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Where did this go? Anyway, the system saved my reply before I passed out as usual.

It certainly looks like it is the flywheel oil seal. That TFSI/TSI engine is turning out to be a disaster, we have two here, one in a Scirocco just going back together after a full rebuild and the other broken in a Betle, the Scirocco wrecked two of its pistons and we suspect the Beetle is the same.
    Is the flywheel seal not located inside the gearbox behind the clutch? This oil leak seems to be coming from the plastic part above the oil pressure sensor? I am talking on the right side of the engine where the top head meets the middle. Also it seems to only leak when the car is started and I start driving. I think this because when its idle I cant see oil flowing out from it but when driven then stop to look, there is oil everywhere. I am just trying to fix the oil leak and sell the car as I had enough of it haha. So its definately nothing to do with the plastic 2 circles part which has a earth wire going to it? or the top head gasket meeting the middle? Shall I drop the gearbox and get at the rear main seal?

Thanks.

0 0 0

10. Re: oil leak golf mk6 1.4 tsi 2009 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The flywheel seal is bolted to the back of the block.
    Last edited by Crasher; 20-02-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast