Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    What’s the deal with windscreen Andy, does it have some special coating in the HUD area? I never realised. OP... first car I’ve had with HUD and would highly recommend it, keeps your eyes on the road much more with vital stats in the windscreen.

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    Yep, kind of. There is a "film" inbetween the outer and inner layers of the front windscreen glass. Its required so the HUD image is not "blurred" when projected onto the windscreen. If you dont order HUD on a new order your windscreen doesn't have that bit of film. On a HUD retrofit I've been involved with we had to replace the windscreen
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

2. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    The loyalty discount is supposedly if you have a current VWFS finance contract. Whilst I appreciate that the car is likely to drop into negative equity, I’m not really bothered if it’s a hand back at the end of the PCP - that’s VWFS’ problem!

0 0 0

3. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q7_2020 View Post
    The loyalty discount is supposedly if you have a current VWFS finance contract. Whilst I appreciate that the car is likely to drop into negative equity, I’m not really bothered if it’s a hand back at the end of the PCP - that’s VWFS’ problem!
    I am same as you. Not bothered too much. However Its not as simple as it sounds. Audi dealer can undervalue your car, at the end of the contract, and its very little you can do about it. The future value(optional final payment) is just an estimate, and not guaranteed. You can try selling privately, but thats all. Thats why the best is to get bigger discount at the point of the sale, to mitigate the issue in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I ordered a new Q7 Black Edition lats month and it arrives 1st March. I managed to get 14k of list price which included a 4k deposit contribution from Audi ad that was through Carwow. I recently checked the Q7 Vorsprung which was offering a £15.5k discount off the list price. I didn't enquire about the monthly payments, but assume it would be a littler higher depending on the future value of the car.

0 1 0

5. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A8_London View Post
    I am same as you. Not bothered too much. However Its not as simple as it sounds. Audi dealer can undervalue your car, at the end of the contract, and its very little you can do about it. The future value(optional final payment) is just an estimate, and not guaranteed. You can try selling privately, but thats all. Thats why the best is to get bigger discount at the point of the sale, to mitigate the issue in the future.

I tend to always go into a PCP thinking I'll get absolutely nothing out of it at the end and that it will be a handback to the finance company

0 0 0

6. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I tend to always go into a PCP thinking I'll get absolutely nothing out of it at the end and that it will be a handback to the finance company
    Could you elaborate on that? What about if your final payment(future value at the time of the order) is say 20k, but the dealer values your car at say 17k. How is that not important? Am I missing something?

0 0 0

7. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    On a PCP, if your 'guaranteed future value' is £20k and the car ends up being £17k...you just hand the car back to the finance company at the end of the agreement with no further liability subject to you staying under the maximum mileage and it's in fair condition. You don't need to make up the shortfall...

0 0 0

8. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    On a PCP, if your 'guaranteed future value' is £20k and the car ends up being £17k...you just hand the car back to the finance company at the end of the agreement with no further liability subject to you staying under the maximum mileage and it's in fair condition. You don't need to make up the shortfall...
    I think that is where the key is it: Fair usage. I have seen dealer measure thickness of Brake disks, pads, tyre tread, then wheel scuffs, and that will be theirs reasons for undervalue. They take in account if the car has been serviced by them or 3rd party too I have bought 5 cars on PCP, and never managed to get the value of the car. Not in London at least. Anyway, that is a different story of the initial conversation.

0 0 0

9. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrACM View Post
    I ordered a new Q7 Black Edition lats month and it arrives 1st March. I managed to get 14k of list price which included a 4k deposit contribution from Audi ad that was through Carwow. I recently checked the Q7 Vorsprung which was offering a £15.5k discount off the list price. I didn't enquire about the monthly payments, but assume it would be a littler higher depending on the future value of the car.
    The difference was in the region of £250 per month, but for me there was no value in it, given that the only extra I was carrying was the HUD. And no way I will pay £250 a month for that.

0 1 0

10. Re: Took the plunge for Q7 2020 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Failing that you can just VT the agreement once you have paid 50% of the finance and hand the car back (thats half the total cost of finance and not half way through the agreement as some people often think). Personally I either sell or VT and always keep my deposit low as you usually walk away with nothing at the end of the agreement.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12