1. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Not sure if this will help or hinder. The online ETKA parts catalogues list two distinct eras for the Golf, suggesting controllers and slip rings have to be matched:

1K0953549AL
    electronic module for steering column combination switch
    multifunction steering wheel
    use only in conjunction with: 1K0959653D
    >> 1K-7B083 209
    >> 1K-7P015 319
    >> 1K-7W113 690
    >> 1K-7U015 405
    Period: 1005 - 1106

1K0953549AK / 1K0953549BK
    electronic module for steering column combination switch
    multifunction steering wheel
    use only in conjunction with: 1K0959653C
    1K-7B083 210>>
    1K-7P015 320>>
    1K-7W102 691>>
    1K-7U015 406>>
    Period: 1106 - 0707

If you had a BK controller you presumably have a C suffix slip ring. Maybe match your VIN number to the 2nd set?

The 08 Touran (like ours) also has the BK / C pair. What is it that doesn't work for you if you use original controller and slip ring?

I can't find the AQ part in EKTA at all. Not sure why, but it makes it hard to understand what slip rings it works with and doesn't make sense for the fact that our Touran should have a part BK fitted, but shows up as AQ in VCDS.

0 0 0

2. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think BK replaced AQ if what I have found to be correct just from digging for a solution.
    You could be onto something with the slip ring. I have just taken the number off and its a C suffix so that looks like the same combo as you.
    AQ / C.
    I cannot help thinking the controller has some issues it is not in the best of order and looks like it was removed by someone very ham fisted.
    The problem I have is its a BC controller I have which is midline.
    I think if I buy a BK controller then I should be onto a winner with my C slip ring.

0 0 0

3. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backhill1 View Post
    I think BK replaced AQ if what I have found to be correct just from digging for a solution.
    You could be onto something with the slip ring. I have just taken the number off and its a C suffix so that looks like the same combo as you.
    AQ / C.
    I cannot help thinking the controller has some issues it is not in the best of order and looks like it was removed by someone very ham fisted.
    The problem I have is its a BC controller I have which is midline.
    I think if I buy a BK controller then I should be onto a winner with my C slip ring.
    Ah yes, I see you fixed initial typo above.

So yes, trying a BK would seem to make sense. In the parts lists I looked at BK replaced AK, hence both shown in post #11 for use with C suffix slip ring.

0 0 0

4. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks yes sorry for the confusion. Convinced an AQ should work but not sure why not unless it’s the slip ring.

A lot of people selling CH controllers but that seams to be from MK6 and I think different steering rack?

total can of worms this.

0 0 0

5. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

First time posting but have been reading the page as years, I have a 54 plate golf gt tdi. Have come across a totalled 58 plate 1.9 match fully equipped.

I’ve already installed a few part from it to mine with no problems all plug and play however I’m not looking to install it’s mfsw and high line cluster as mine has only midline. I understand I will also have to swap out the steering wheel controls module.

Also the airbag went off on the steering wheel, so will the airbag on my car swap straight into the mfsw?

as I said I have the entire car to use up with everything on it so if anyone here thinks I should take something from the 58 plate and put it on my 54 plate then let me know.

Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    The old and new bags should have codes on them, as should the steering wheel control module. Post the part numbers an it'll help someone tell you if everything should play nicely together.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12