1. Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi I am new to the forum and quite new to the VW world so looking for some help and assistance.

I have a MK5 GT TDI (BKD) 4 Motion 56 plate with midline controller.
    I have the Gen 2 Steering system which has the torque angle sensor in the rack?
    I already have cruise and am trying to fit a MFSW.
    Existing controller is 1KO 953 549 BC (Midline)
    Slip Ring is Type 2 Not sure if it is 1KO 959 653 C or D (How can I check in VCDS?) but I don't think this matters?

I have bought a controller 1K0 953 549 AQ which from what I can see on Ross Tech data and forum searches should be the one for the job. When fitted MFSW works fine Cruise all good and horn works as it should.

However I cannot get the steering adaptations to clear or get the basic settings to OK?

When I code all seams to be accepted? I have an underlying ABS G201 issue that the previous owner managed to code out? so there is no light on the dash just the ESP button doesn't work.

When I swap back my old controller everything sets up as it should after a short drive and a left and right turn of the steering?

I am thinking there might be settings in ABS or Steering that are now incorrect which is not allowing the Steering basic settings or could the ABS issue be connected and I am wasting my time until fixed??
    Any thoughts ideas?

FYI The module must have come from a GTI with an auto box and paddle shift and highline going by the original coding found.

I have also asked on Mk5 GTI forum but not had any feedback as yet in relation to the coding.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Backhill1; 16-02-2020 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typo of bk when should have been bc

0 0 0

2. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Not sure if it helps you but this is the coding for the MFSW on our BKD TDI 08 plate Touran with non-paddle auto box, basically same platform as Golf:

[Deleted wrong info]

So old controller works with new and old wheel? Does old wheel work with new and old controller? If nothing works with new controller could it be the faulty bit?
    Last edited by VAG-Abound; 15-02-2020 at 07:05 PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks that's the code I have now without MFSW and according the VCDS I should change it to 0003042 with the 3=MFSW.

I will give this a go incase it works, running out of ideas.

0 0 0

4. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    VAG-Abound

New wheel does not work with old controller. New wheel works with new controller however cannot get basic steering adaptations to work.
    Old controller is Midline so should not work with steering wheel from what I can work out.

I cannot work out why adaptations work straight away with old controller but not with new?

0 0 0

5. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Ooops and apologies - we have two similar cars and I gave you the scan from the wrong one. This is the correct one:

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl
    Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 AQ HW: 1K0 953 549 AQ
    Component: J0527 636 0070
    Coding: 0013022

As you'll see in VCDS, the 1 means auto box, so 00030X2 is indeed what I'd expect you to have.

0 0 0

6. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I can understand that wheel may not be fully functional with old controller for MFD, etc - but if it at least tickles the steering sensor correctly you'll know that bit can work.

So at the heart of it - AQ box could be faulty?

0 0 0

7. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Did you try all the coding and rest bits from here, or similar? https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/i...?topic=35449.0

0 0 0

8. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes tried all this the only thing i can think of is something set up wrong in another setting / group. I have wrote everything down from my working controller and going to check with the new one.
    Ie different engine etc?
    Clutching at straws and still think the abs fault could be connected?

0 0 0

9. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    The RossTech info page linked from MK5 says BK is a highline. Is that a typo, or am I misunderstanding why you're chabging it?

0 0 0

10. Re: Steering Adaptation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    The RossTech info page linked from MK5 says BK is a highline. Is that a typo, or am I misunderstanding why you're chabging it?
    Sorry yes important typo it is BC not BK.
    Also the slip ring is C type if that makes a difference.
    I am thinking the controller might not be A1 it was a bit of a mess with broken clips etc.
    Who knows what its like inside.

Might be better returning and starting fresh with a controller type that will defo work.
    Annoying as all my research indicated this was a good choice.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast