Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Need to remove heater core matrix on my Golf V 2.0 Gt sport, any pics / guides available?

1. Need to remove heater core matrix on my Golf V 2.0 Gt sport, any pics / guides available? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    As per title, I need to remove heater core matrix on my Golf V 2.0 Gt sport, and am looking for some pics / guides on the procedure.

I read it can be removed without removing the whole dash but apparently this runs the risk of breaking the ducting or such behind it, could really do with a guide or pics of what the procedure looks like, and if anyone can advise if pulling the whole dash is necessary or did anyone manage to remove it without pulling the whole dash and how bad a job was it?

0 0 0

2. Re: Need to remove heater core matrix on my Golf V 2.0 Gt sport, any pics / guides available? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    How you could remove it without removing the entire dash is a mystery to me, we allow two full days for a skilled time served mechanic to do this job.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Need to remove heater core matrix on my Golf V 2.0 Gt sport, any pics / guides available? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    How you could remove it without removing the entire dash is a mystery to me, we allow two full days for a skilled time served mechanic to do this job.
    Hey Crasher, on my 2.0L Bkd golf, the matrix core is located behind the gear stick centre console area, with all the trim removed from the passenger footwell I can see the matrix mounted in on its side, apparently it can be slide out from there? Is that where it was on the mk5's you done, I'm just thinking maybe they're are different locations /methods regards different versions of the Mk5? From looking at a video on youtube one was slide out but it's bit different to my matrix as my 2 pipes are connected beside each other on the matrix whereas the pipes in the youtube video are 1 top and 1 bottom, there also seems to be less awkward actuator motors bolted onto the youtube one compared to my bkd.

Here's the youtube link to the video i'm referring to.

It's going to be so frustrating having to remove the dash knowing I can see the matrix so close but not being able to just slide it out like in the youtube video.

When removing the dash, is there much messing with airbags, etc,,, I assume the steering wheel has to come off, stalks, etc.. whats the worst of it?

mk5 golf, not sure if he actually got the heater core removed in this video?
    VW Golf 5 heater core removal ? info - YouTube

Apparently on the mk6 the core just slides out too,,, there was another video but I can't find it now.

0 1 0

4. Re: Need to remove heater core matrix on my Golf V 2.0 Gt sport, any pics / guides available? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Sorry I misread your tile it was getting late and my eyes were crossed , yes it can be drawn out on the passenger's side but they can be hard get the new one in without damaging the fins, they scratch and scape as they go in because of the angle which is why it is better with the box out but that is a huge job and only necessary if replacing a leaking condenser when you do both as a precaution. Remember you must buy the pipe fitting kit (same as an A4) 8E0 898 380 and if you buy an aftermarket matrix, we have had good results with the Nissens 70228.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0