1. Oil gauge electronic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Q5 quattro 2.tdi '11'.For the last week my car keeps coming up with the dpf light. I clear the dpf by driving it. But now my oil light keeps saying put 1ltr in. I do this and it doesn't register on the screen. Then is ok. For 2 days then warning fill immediately. Do this then ok for 2 days the says drain oil, then again with driving 4 miles warning fill 1 ltr of oil.

Not to bothered with dpf but this oil issue is getting to me now. Could the sensor be playing up? Anyone had problems. NO OIL LEAKS

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil gauge electronic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, this happened all of sudden? How many miles covered in 2 days? If not many miles covered this might explain your dpf light as if it burns oil will clogg it very fast. What is the dipstick reading when you get the warning to put 1L of oil in? If dipstick shows low oil when the computer asks you to put oil in the sensor is unlikely to play up. The message to drain oil is up do to either the number of oil top ups or oil is diluted with diesel do to failed dpf regenerations.

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil gauge electronic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N871BUD View Post
    Hi, this happened all of sudden? How many miles covered in 2 days? If not many miles covered this might explain your dpf light as if it burns oil will clogg it very fast. What is the dipstick reading when you get the warning to put 1L of oil in? If dipstick shows low oil when the computer asks you to put oil in the sensor is unlikely to play up. The message to drain oil is up do to either the number of oil top ups or oil is diluted with diesel do to failed dpf regenerations.
    Hi thanks for replying. And sorry for my late reply. I drive on average 50 miles a day. As I said not worried about dpf as my car is mapped but no dpf delete. The oil light is intermittent and flutuates between fill with 1ltr, drain oil and fill straight away. All 3 could come on within the space of a 20 mile drive. I've bought a dip stick for piece of mind and oul levels ok. But starting to p me off now. No leaks or in coolant. Is there a common fault with sensors.

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil gauge electronic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by helenstc View Post
    Hi thanks for replying. And sorry for my late reply. I drive on average 50 miles a day. As I said not worried about dpf as my car is mapped but no dpf delete. The oil light is intermittent and flutuates between fill with 1ltr, drain oil and fill straight away. All 3 could come on within the space of a 20 mile drive. I've bought a dip stick for piece of mind and oul levels ok. But starting to p me off now. No leaks or in coolant. Is there a common fault with sensors.

I think you need to check the wiring to the sensor, or might be the level sensor itself. The sensor is on the oil sump, thats how the ecu gets the info of temperature, level, and oil status.

1 0 0

5. Re: Oil gauge electronic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N871BUD View Post
    I think you need to check the wiring to the sensor, or might be the level sensor itself. The sensor is on the oil sump, thats how the ecu gets the info of temperature, level, and oil status.
    Thanks will try this at the weekend

0 0 0