Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi All

I am a new owner, and would like to make some coding changes. Full VAG-COM seems a bit pricey for what I would use it for, does anyone have OBDeleven, and would you recommend it as a cheaper alternative to VAG-COM?

The Pro version is £120 on Amazon, and I believe this is the one you need to make any coding changes?

Should I just suck it up and buy VAG-COM/Rosstech?

Thanks
    Graeme

0 0 0

2. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by namenotinuse View Post
    I am a new owner, and would like to make some coding changes.
    Welcome to the board, and congratulation to your new beauty.

would you recommend it as a cheaper alternative to VAG-COM?
    Your question is wrong. Obdeleven is definitely NOT a cheaper alternative, but a very user friendly and easy to use system. It's working as it should, you could do anything you want - but a lots of things can be done via the so called "apps", so you need to press a button, and that's all.

I like it, I really enjoy it, and I don't need VAG-COM at all.

I suggest you to download the software, and check what you want to set up, sum the total credit, and purchase the most comfortable pack for you. In the meantime, I suggest to go directly to OBDeleven site:

Products

As it seems a little bit better pricing.

Should I just suck it up and buy VAG-COM/Rosstech?
    For just some, or a one time setting? Definitely NO. If you need any further settings, then please take a look around, and check for a fellow member in your area who will help you to set what you can't set.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you for the fast reply and thorough response.

Do you have the next gen device or the original? I'm struggling to see the difference between the starter pack, pro and ultimate other than credits. If you can purchase them in the app, what is the difference in device?

I will likely only make a change or 2 and then nothing. But have been toying with the idea of VAG-COM since my 1st Audi A4 12 years ago. Can OBDeleven be used on future cars or is it locked to one?

0 0 0

4. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Do you have the next gen device or the original?
    I have the next gen device.

I'm struggling to see the difference between the starter pack, pro and ultimate other than credits. If you can purchase them in the app, what is the difference in device?
    As far as I know, there is no difference in the knowledte. The difference is in the credits, all the other things are just gifts. There is only one software, and you can simply count which version is the best for you.

I will likely only make a change or 2 and then nothing. But have been toying with the idea of VAG-COM since my 1st Audi A4 12 years ago. Can OBDeleven be used on future cars or is it locked to one?
    There are no limitations, you can use as long as you have credits. I used mine for two cars. For me it seems, that OBDeleven always adds the new cars, so as long as Audi will not change the can-bus, IMHO it will work on ANY supported cars. If you want to set only two parameters, than the smallest package will be more then enough for you.

However, if you want to be sure, drop them a letter on their site, and they will answer to your questions very fast.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

5. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I have no experience with OBD11. The thread here is the first time I've heard any mention of credits, etc. If you just want to do something like reset service interval, make a few changes, etc then presumably they are decent value.

Where I've found my VCDS useful over the last 5 years or so is for longer periods of diagnosing things, logging sensor behaviour, etc to to see what is causing oddities. You may not need that now, but if you can see you ending up making "emergency credit" purchase when something goes a little awry (rather than taking it straight to garage) then VCDS may be the better buy.

0 0 0

6. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the comments. I have read a few other posts on this and other forums and decided to get it on Amazon (the next day delivery helped decide too). Will have a play over the weekend and report back.

0 1 0

7. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So to answer my own question, YES. OBDeleven is worth it for me. I opted to buy the 2nd generation pro edition.

Have only used with iOS so far, but like knowing if I ever needed to do any long coding I can connect to my android device and do it.

The "APPS" are what I like to call 1 click coding, and costs credits (PRO came with 200). These are very easy to use for anyone, you browse to what you want to change in the OBDeleven app and choose on or off.

So far I have changed the following settings, using just their built in APPS and no long coding:
    Start/Stop now defaults to OFF
    Boot lid on remote needs a 2 seconds key press instead of 800ms (should prevent any pocket opening)
    360 camera's stay on up to 20kph. If anyone knows how to code this so it can be activated at any speed please let me know.
    DRL on/off option now in MMI
    Travel option now in MMI (means I can change headlights when driving on the right)
    Needle sweep on startup (no reason, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about)
    Chirp on lock
    Changed comfort turn signal from 3 to 5. Realised 5 was too many, now changed back to 3.
    ACC distance menu (can set default distance in MMI). So 1 instead of 3.
    Central locking with ignition on/engine running.
    Disabled seat belt warning. I always wear my seatbelt, but it stops the beeping when dog changes seats.

This did cost me best part of 200 credits, but they all worked on iOS and as 1 click options so no long coding needed.

Overall I think it's a brilliant device, the credits aren't cheap. But you can earn 5 a day for free, and with the most expensive "APP" (1 click coding) option costing 100 credits, it's not a long wait for the freebies to add up.

Pro cost me £120 on Amazon, works out a little cheaper on the website, but you'll have to wait a few days with most expensive shipping option. If I got the starter pack it would have cost an extra £50 to get Pro and 100 credits but is only £30 cheaper. Pro allows long coding functionality on android only. Looks like iOS support is coming soon.

Hope this helps anyone else considering OBDeleven.

0 1 0

8. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    So to answer my own question, YES. OBDeleven is worth it for me. I opted to buy the 2nd generation pro edition.

Have only used with iOS so far, but like knowing if I ever needed to do any long coding I can connect to my android device and do it.

The "APPS" are what I like to call 1 click coding, and costs credits (PRO came with 200). These are very easy to use for anyone, you browse to what you want to change in the OBDeleven app and choose on or off.

So far I have changed the following settings, using just their built in APPS and no long coding:
    Start/Stop now defaults to OFF
    Boot lid on remote needs a 2 seconds key press instead of 800ms (should prevent any pocket opening)
    360 camera's stay on up to 20kph. If anyone knows how to code this so it can be activated at any speed please let me know.
    DRL on/off option now in MMI
    Travel option now in MMI (means I can change headlights when driving on the right)
    Needle sweep on startup (no reason, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about)
    Chirp on lock
    Changed comfort turn signal from 3 to 5. Realised 5 was too many, now changed back to 3.
    ACC distance menu (can set default distance in MMI). So 1 instead of 3.
    Central locking with ignition on/engine running.
    Disabled seat belt warning. I always wear my seatbelt, but it stops the beeping when dog changes seats.

This did cost me best part of 200 credits, but they all worked on iOS and as 1 click options so no long coding needed.

Overall I think it's a brilliant device, the credits aren't cheap. But you can earn 5 a day for free, and with the most expensive "APP" (1 click coding) option costing 100 credits, it's not a long wait for the freebies to add up.

Pro cost me £120 on Amazon, works out a little cheaper on the website, but you'll have to wait a few days with most expensive shipping option. If I got the starter pack it would have cost an extra £50 to get Pro and 100 credits but is only £30 cheaper. Pro allows long coding functionality on android only. Looks like iOS support is coming soon.

Hope this helps anyone else considering OBDeleven.
    Great glad your enjoying the use of it - do they still do free credits (5 or 6 a day) from watching adverts? Well worth it for 5mins a day I managed to clock something like 1,500 credits but I haven’t used it for over a year

0 0 0

9. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    They sure do. Think it’s 1 just for logging in and 5 for ads. Only had it a day though.
    Did notice that ads during the day lasted 30 seconds. But just after midnight they were only 5 seconds each.

0 0 0

10. Re: OBDeleven - Is it worth it? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    There is a new kid on the block too.. but I have no experience of it..

Carista OBD2 App | Diagnose, customize and service your car
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast