1. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I understand that there is a software fix for this issue. I haven’t taken mine to a dealer as I have been away from my home address for the period of lockdown and I do not wish to go through the hassle of no car whilst away (I don’t do courtesy cars��). When I eventually get home I will take it in and if it works I will update here if it has not been updated previously.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just to update this thread really.
    Car went into Audi for the check on the engine stutter and to get a LED fixed on the door handle. On signing over the keys they mentioned that there was a software re-call for my car - which i thought well this is to fix the problem that im booking it in for.
    As i suspected the technician could not get the engine stutter to repeat itself but they performed the software update and i've not really driven it in school run traffic which is when it always occurred.
    Lets see if it comes back once the kids go back to school.

0 1 0

3. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Yes, the software update fix has been released.

If you have the problem ask your dealer to check TPI 2054610/13 and check it applies to your VIN. If it does, get them to apply it. Its an update on the Engine ECU

Cheers

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

4. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had my 2019 45 TDI since new and had its first service on Friday. Sunday evening we drove to the Lakes and the car was juddering randomly throughout the journey....it was ok before the service ! I knew that part of the service was a software update and I was worried this had caused my issue. I rang the dealer from our holiday and he suggested getting Audi assist out, which I did the following day. He removed the plastic engine cover and the dealer had not reconnected the air intake duct back to the air filter....literally 2 minute fix and all is back to normal. Dealer has not bothered to ring me back......really disgusted with them ! My point is the symptoms you are talking about on this thread are identical to what I was experiencing......maybe worth checking ?

0 0 0

5. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The problem is the mechanics doing the job have to work at an impossible pace, especially on service plan cars, or they lose their bonuses and get stick from the service manager, the stress levels are so high may can't wait to get out into the aftermarket. Customer service however should have rung and apologised.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to dig up this post but i have one 2019 A6 C8 50 tdi and i already did the fix above and the damn problem still there since day one, any other ideas? I just got out o audi dealer and they say they will make a factory demand to see what they say in return 🤷*♀️

0 0 0

7. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Since mine has had the update it’s been spot on

0 0 0

8. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dean8 View Post
    Since mine has had the update it’s been spot on
    Same here!
    I was skeptical, but so far it's been just fine for months now and only since it had the update (to the point where I actually forgot the issue used to exist). Hope it stays that way....

0 1 0

9. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I have a 2018 Q7 50 TDi with this same juddering issue at low revs and a laggy throttle response. I’ve been on to the dealers who couldn’t put me through to service but could tell me that for my car there was an update around throttle response to the ECU. Is this the same would you think as the TPI Andy has quoted? It really spoils the car at the moment and shouldn’t be something you need to worry about in a £50k+ car.

I will be taking the TPI number with me when I drop the car off in a few weeks in a bid to make sure it is the update Andy quoted that they doing to the car.

Thanks in advanced of any input from anyone.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie55 View Post
    Hi
    I have a 2018 Q7 50 TDi with this same juddering issue at low revs and a laggy throttle response. I’ve been on to the dealers who couldn’t put me through to service but could tell me that for my car there was an update around throttle response to the ECU. Is this the same would you think as the TPI Andy has quoted? It really spoils the car at the moment and shouldn’t be something you need to worry about in a £50k+ car.

I will be taking the TPI number with me when I drop the car off in a few weeks in a bid to make sure it is the update Andy quoted that they doing to the car.

Thanks in advanced of any input from anyone.
    Updating my own post to state that I had a TPI done on my car, slightly different number than Andy quoted (TPI 2054610/13) as it was TPI 2054610/16, but end result is that the throttle is much more responsive and I’ve not been able to replicate the juddering back and forth at low revs / slow moving traffic. So the car seems to be fixed and dare I say it perfect as a result, as it should have been since purchase really.

Thanks to everyone posting in this thread as without it I wouldn’t have got it sorted.

Allan

0 1 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast