Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnn73 View Post
    Audi 2019 50tdi black edition
    Hi guys I've had these issues since April 2019 and currently the car is at Audi. Previously the car was taken in 4times they couldn't replicate the fault or find a fault code. Engine software and gearbox software done slight better than jumping backwards (kangaroo effect), revs going up car shaking, pre sense going off when clearly nothing around and sluggish one day and goes like a rocket the next. Tech 1 was in the car when I replicated the first issue whilst reversing. He done a Software update still no difference whilst breaking the car is juddering forwards. Took in again on Monday another tech drove the car said yeah there is an issue here. He also said I'm going to drive another q7 to see if it does the same thing. Low and behold he says it does and apparently it's a characteristic of the car what crap. Why would I pay 65k for a car that judders and shakes. So the apparent characteristics only came about 5 months after having the car was it broke before then
    I have made a complaint to audi.co.uk , the finance vw group and the dealership where I bought it. Also made a case with my local citizens advice.
    What's people thoughts?? The service manager is calling me tomorrow what to say without losing the rag. The tech clearly told me to my face there was clearly a problem several times in the car
    Get rid. I did.

If it's under 6 months they've tried to repair once and it's enough to reject the car for being not fit for purpose.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Odd I’ve not experienced this?!

4 month old MY20 50TDI

0 0 0

3. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Its def an 18/19 issue where they arent wanting to let owners know their 60 grand car has problems. First thing tomorrow calling the motors ombusman

0 0 0

4. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnn73 View Post
    Its def an 18/19 issue where they arent wanting to let owners know their 60 grand car has problems. First thing tomorrow calling the motors ombusman
    There isn't much point.

According to the ombudsman Audi are a self regulating organisation... In short they can choose to repair or not dependant on the volume of complaints and the impact of use etc.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I had a 2019 Q7 218ps over to me recently for some retrofits and put it into reverse and it stuttered as it went backwards. I'd never personally seen it nor experienced it first hand before so quite a shock. Known problem and Audi don't have a fix?
    @danbrier

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I have similar issues (occasionally0. I haven’t experienced the pulling out issue but definitely the violent shudder in reverse etc and in addition I get it when I have been using the traffic jam assist for aquite some time. I haven’t taken it to Audi as being perfectly honest I am not impressed with their technical staff so don’t wish to waste my time or inconvenience myself.

0 0 0

7. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI Andy,

Did that happend only in reverse?

Also with the gearbox in Neutral or Park.... any changes when revving it Up? same Symptoms?

This gearbox's are very good and reliable, also used by many car makers.... But I already had a problem with one on an Amarok.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had mine booked in with the master technician a few weeks ago. Drive around the car park trying to reproduce it whilst being interrogated, of course it would not happen when you want it to. Appeared that this person hadn't heard of it from the questions I was asked, and some suggestions (see if it happens more when you or the wife is driving, what about steering lock, try using the spare key see if it makes a difference etc.)

At least, the next time it happened I was in a quiet car park, so was able to try a few things and record it on my phone (badly) for the tech (not gone back yet). Once it starts it:
    - happens regardless of steering lock
    - happens regardless of switching between sport or drive, or reverse
    - definitely not the brake sticking or related to auto off
    - didn't seem to happen in Neutral, but when re-engaged to drive it came back
    - HOWEVER after a while I put into neutral when stationary, gave it a rev to 3000rpm and took my foot off, then put back into Drive and it was smooth as anything from then onwards.

I don't know much about these things, by my instinct is pointing towards either a straight bug in the ECU software, or some sort of fluctuating sensor reading (air flow/exhaust etc?) which clears with a bit of higher revs

0 0 0

9. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I read something on one of the US Audi forums the other day there is an expected software update to be released at the end of May for this... Fingers crossed. Mine still does it but infrequently.
    Audi Q7 45 2019. Basic. Added by Andy Hudson:- Remote start | Night vision | RCTA | Side assist | Exit warning | Advanced TPMS | Video In Motion | Heated steering wheel | Traffic sign recognition | Park assist | Homelink | Lane departure warning system | High beam assist | Passenger memory seats.

0 1 0

10. Re: 2018 50TDI Engine Stuttering / Car Shaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    mine was all booked in but that was back at the beginning of lock down, the car has hardly been used and on the rare occasion it has been fine. I'm still taking it back to try and make a fuss, they need to fix the LED in the door handle anyway
    If i get no where and like others have said on here its a waste of time, energy and phone calls what's peoples faults of having the car chipped?
    Surely a ECU re-map (piggy back) for say 500 - 1000k should sort the problem out no? A little more torque and power wouldn't go a miss...... anyone done it?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast