1. Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    It appears that Camera-based traffic sign recognition is only available in conjunction with the Tour Pack

Anyone know if traffic sign recognition can be enabled just via software/VCDS or does it require hardware?

Anybody done this or might know how to get it done?

No good going to Audi as I suspect they'd push me down the route of a Tour Pack at a bargain £1,950

0 0 0

2. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robgr View Post
    It appears that Camera-based traffic sign recognition is only available in conjunction with the Tour Pack

Anyone know if traffic sign recognition can be enabled just via software/VCDS or does it require hardware?

Anybody done this or might know how to get it done?

No good going to Audi as I suspect they'd push me down the route of a Tour Pack at a bargain £1,950

Hi,

Might be worth you reaching out to andyhud007 over on the Q7-4M board. He's done a lot of retrofits and might know what's involved.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Think it can be done. Kufatec do a dongle https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-di...for-audi-41880and someone here has done it through coding https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...sation.411040/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Wont work on C8 A6 as stated on the Kufatec link :-(

Also, the thread says will need to ask Kufatec.

0 0 0

5. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapport25 View Post
    Wont work on C8 A6 as stated on the Kufatec link :-(

Also, the thread says will need to ask Kufatec.
    Kufatec say it works on the A6 4A which the alternative description of the C8 and there is a review of someone with a 2019 A6 posting in September (which means it is almost certainly a C8) that it works. Agree though a call to Kufatec to confiirm would be wise as initially it did not seem to work

0 0 0

6. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I wish. The C8 is not as easy to add things like the older A6 models :-(. I tried it by adding speed cameras & would not work.

A6 4A is an early A6 1994-1997

0 0 0

7. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    I wish. The C8 is not as easy to add things like the older A6 models :-(. I tried it by adding speed cameras & would not work.

A6 4A is an early A6 1994-1997
    I think the Speed camera issue is more down to Audi removing the functionality to add POIs from the MyAudi app than it is down to the systems in the car. Regarding the model designation it may be wrong on the Kufatec site but I hav e seen 4A used elsewhere to refer to the C8, however one think I am certain of is that the A6 in 1994 did not have any cameras or the MLB based Infotaionment platform

Annotation 2020-02-06 131915.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I think the Speed camera issue is more down to Audi removing the functionality to add POIs from the MyAudi app than it is down to the systems in the car. Regarding the model designation it may be wrong on the Kufatec site but I hav e seen 4A used elsewhere to refer to the C8, however one think I am certain of is that the A6 in 1994 did not have any cameras or the MLB based Infotaionment platform

Annotation 2020-02-06 131915.jpg
    The issue is car related not My Audi app. I downloaded maps via a stick. After a bit of searching, it stated on there site not suitable for the C8. Guessing SW in the car.

I agree on the cameras. Never heard the C8 called a 4A. Every day is a school day :-). Seems strange they would use the same model ref as an early A6 model.

0 0 0

9. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Never heard the C8 called a 4A. Every day is a school day :-). Seems strange they would use the same model ref as an early A6 model.
    Hi,

The new C8 models are 4K designation, not 4A. 4A designation was the old C4.

C4 - 4A
    C5 - 4B
    C6 - 4F
    C7 - 4G
    C8 - 4K

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

10. Re: Camera-based traffic sign recognition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Hi,

The new C8 models are 4K designation, not 4A. 4A designation was the old C4.

C4 - 4A
    C5 - 4B
    C6 - 4F
    C7 - 4G
    C8 - 4K

Cheers!

MF.
    Thanks, that makes more sense!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast