Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    yesterday I was driving my golf a bit faster than usual, since I was passing trucks a few times, I passed like 3000 rpm while doing it, and after that I come home and see that my car is leaking coolant..but it was very visible, all around coolant reservoir and all the way to the bottom of the car, coolant was way pass max it should be, it seemed that it like bursted out under the cap, but the cap was firmly on, and today when I drove it to work it didn't go pass max but was very very low, its on minimum, and leaking is still everywhere around that area and underneath it..its not on the engine itself but all around coolant reservoir...Temps don't go over 90, so the engine isn't overheating no matter how long I drive the car...Also after driving it, sort of stress testing it to see if it overheats I open the hood and hear the hissing sound from coolant reservoir. Recently the spark plugs were changed and my radiator was full of filth so my car didn't heat, but that got cleaned as much as possible...and now this happens..Any suggestions on what could be the problem, what caused it, and what shoud I do?

Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: GOLF MK5 2.0 tdi coolant leaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    It sounds very much like your head gasket is leaking combustion gasses into the coolant & pressurising the coolant.

Find a local garage that can do a " Sniff Twst " on the coolant to confirm that.

You could also remove the coolant resovoir cap when cold, start the engine & look for any bubbles coming up through the coolant.
    But that doesn't always show at tickover.

0 0 0

3. Re: GOLF MK5 2.0 tdi coolant leaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So it would be the blown head gasket? That was my biggest fear.. I'll be sure to find a local garage to confirm it before doing anything else. Is there a way for fixing it with head gasket sealer? Or is that not really an effective method?

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-08-2017, 09:04 PM
  2. Leaking Coolant, HELP!!!
    By Bad Mav in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 10:31 PM
  3. Leaking coolant?!?
    By AudiTsport99 in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-07-2010, 07:52 PM