1. Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there O/S/F window mechanism is knackered on my wifes car and i was told that the N/S/F AND THE O/S/F is the same part, anyone know if this is the case ?
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    If it's the lifter unit then not same. 5K7837462 plus a suffix letter on OSF. Motor also side specific, 1Q0959701H. Search for motor code on eBay and you'll find examples of motor onbown, with controller unit,with lifter mechanism, etc.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    5K7 837 461 E left and 5K7 837 462 E right £148.94 a side, without motor which is also handed and specific to a UK market RHD Golf 6 cabrio, 1Q0 959 701 H Z1U at £314.26.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everybody thanks for all the advice, so i got the part and just got round to fitting it today. Had a lot of bother to get it lined up and in the rubber runner near the A post.
    However all didn't go as planned the window is not dropping when you unlock it and the same door is not locking. if that's not bad enough the nearside window mechanism just went today.
    So anyone any idea where i've went wrong regarding the window not dropping and not locking ???

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Perhaps stating the obvious, but window not in runners properly and fouling door mechanism? Not sure how well it'll work on a soft top but on our car I put glass in carrier, lifted to full height so it found position, then lowered and raised while pushing down on glass to furger settle its travel, then tightened clamps.

Did you have to remove any of outside door handle? On ours there were some sprung loaded bits I initially got wrong when replacing lock mechanism that fouled on window path until I went back and spotted them.

What did you replace in the end, and with new or used parts? A flakey door control module might not be connecting to lock correctly.

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Used part from Germany but it's in really good condition. Never touch the outside handle but i found out todat the door locks with the door trim off so beginning to think
    it's to do with the door cable it's self.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Car finally sorted turning the key in the lock this way and that did nothing, until you disconnect the battery which resets the system then you use the key in the door for it to work.
    Thanks to everyone for their help with the regulators.

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you own an mk6 cabriolet, you know that the window mechanism can be a real pain. The problem is that the mechanism is very delicate and can easily be damaged. This can lead to the windows not working properly or falling out of the car. There are a few things that you can do to try and fix the problem, but it is often best to just replace the entire mechanism. This can be a costly repair, but it is often the only way to get your windows working properly again. As a gift, the dealer offered me one of the best snap shades for my rear window to keep my baby safe from UV rays.
    Last edited by Lazzaross; 03-10-2022 at 10:31 AM.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf mk6 cabriolet window mechanism 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys new to this group, just did a long post on my successful instalation and re programing of a new drivers door window regulator on my wife's 2013 golf cabriolet 2.0 tdi, however it deleted when I tried to post it. So here's an abridged version.
    The regulator part no 5K7837462D is dealer part only £202 which is expensive, however breakers are wanting around £179, so not that bad. It's a bit of a fiddly job but very do able, you will need some torx drives. I drilled out the speaker rivets to remove it for better access but I can see now it is possible without doing this. It may be necessary to make some adjustments to the lifters on the new unit but this is easy and just trial and error. Once the new regulator unit is in place and levelled up it will probably need to be re programmed. I tried operating the button fully up and down which you have to do initially, but this did not re programing the one shot touch or more importantly the half inch auto drop on unlock or door handle activation. I also tried using the key in the drivers door lock (under plastic handle trim) turning 90° in both directions and holding. This enabled the global opening and closing, but not all functions. I then took the plunge and as has been posted on here previously, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes.
    This did the trick, after re connecting the battery all systems were re set and working correctly. I did the whole button thing again on all four windows to be sure. One point, after battery disconnect the steering sensor lost its memory putting several waning lights on the dash, its an easy fix just turn the steering from lock to lock with engine running. All good now, hope this helps someone with Same probs as I had.
    Last edited by Tim Fawcett; 26-11-2023 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Edited

0 0 0