1. Paint code?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi to all on this board.* I've frequented other sections of VWAF but not this one.* Just recently bought a 2005 1.2 Polo Twist with 43k miles on it for my youngest daughter to learn to drive.
    It's metallic black and I'm looking for some help with finding the correct paint code. Can you knowledgeable folks tell me if there was only one metallic black used on Polo's of that time and if so would any of you that may have the same be able to give me the code?* Both the service book and the data sticker on the boot floor have been destroyed by water leaking into the car via the rear light clusters.* Unfortunately the service book had been stored next to the jacking kit in the wheel well and is now a mouldy mess!
    Any help greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Paint code?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    A VAG dealership will be able to look it up from VIN of course. I asked nicely at an Audi dealership and they happily handee over a print out of the full PR code list of what was on our VWe. Some on here will aldo look ot up same way.

I think the VAG touch up and rattle can are decent value for a quality match, so potentially easiest way to go.

0 0 0

3. Re: Paint code?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I do agree that the genuine touch ups are good but I find using base coat and gloss a bit unnecessary for simple stone chips. Lately I've found a simpler acrylic one coat is easier to work with.
    Many thanks for taking the time to reply. You're quite right, the dealer or TPS may be the best way to go if no one chimes in with the code.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Paint code(s) or paint for 20" Rotor wheels
    By john2107 in forum Audi A6 - C7 Forum - 2011- 2018
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17-03-2014, 10:49 AM
  2. Paint code
    By andy pen in forum Touran - Sharan - Caravelle
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 09:38 PM
  3. Paint code
    By Brian Rouse in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005