I have a small bluetooth box connected in place of the glovebox cd changer. I could not be ***** at the time to do the power wires properly so I just shoved the pos and nev wires in the cd changer power connector, put a bit of tape over it to hold it in and all done. CD changer is not connected either power or fiber, instead it just goes into this grom type thing, anyway been working fine for about 9 months. I was cleaning the car today inside, and noticed I had not put the panel in properly when fitting this unit, so removed it, and the wires poped out of the connector, with a very brief spark.

Now, I dont seem to be able to get power to the unit any more, but having looked at the board its not fried, suggesting there is no lonegr any power on the cd changer connector, the MMI comes on with the audi screen for a little while then goes off again, at the same time as it comes on, and for the duration of it displaying the audi logo the I can see the optic is active with light.

This makes me think its a fuse possible popped, but I cant find uot where it might be.

I will try connecting it all back to the CD changer to rule out that in the morning when its a little lighter, if it works in the changer and the mmi all comes back to life, I guess the grom is blown.

UPDATE: Just re-connected to CD changer and power to it, removing the other thing and still same issue, so looks like power to the changer is the issue now