Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I am very interested in this, seems common in the USA and I can see how I would benefit. My only concern is insurance, has anyone who has done this advised their insurance company that they have remote start and it uses a key permanently left in the car? How does this sit with them?

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I too have some concern about key in the car.. I am sure it is fine but I am just not too comfortable with it... And winters are so mild now... I am struggling to find use cases for it lol..
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I use mine every day but today was just a little bit better
    My car keys are downstairs so I used one of the two the long range remotes supplied to start it. This stays by my bed for when i wake up in the am. Ive had it work from circa half a mile away once when returning to the car in the Alps (down the mountain) so line of site was excellent.

Audi Q7 45 2019. Basic. Added by Andy Hudson:- Remote start | Night vision | RCTA | Side assist | Exit warning | Advanced TPMS | Video In Motion | Heated steering wheel | Traffic sign recognition | Park assist | Homelink | Lane departure warning system | High beam assist | Passenger memory seats.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    INSURANCE QUERY:-

Apologies I missed the question re the insurance company. Yes, as with any modification you need to inform your insurance company - i even informed them of my tinted windows! Mine is Admiral. I called them and explained I had a modification in my car, explained what the remote start does, that it is aftermarket and that as part of the installation I have to leave a key (allbeit deactivated without a battery inside) within a protective box hidden within the vehicle. He said that as long as the key wasnt on show and that it was hidden this was acceptable. They said that they have some standard optional extras (like tinted windows, side steps etc) but as this wasnt a listed option for them it would come under "interior changes." He made addiitonal notes when i was on the phone to him to attach to the interior changes which included key left in the vehicle... And my insurance increased by £60. I dont think it was the remote start that increased the price - i got the impression it was a standard charge for any "interior changes".... I did ask if i needed to do anything else, especially if the car was stolen that it wouldnt affect anything - he said all calls are recorded and not to worry - even though he did confirm with his manager all the above I got the impression he knew what he was doing and that he had done this before with other policies. So, in conclusion, its no problem - just inform them... Or at least I know Admiral is fine with it but i suspect most will be. If in doubt, call before you get it fitted.
    Audi Q7 45 2019. Basic. Added by Andy Hudson:- Remote start | Night vision | RCTA | Side assist | Exit warning | Advanced TPMS | Video In Motion | Heated steering wheel | Traffic sign recognition | Park assist | Homelink | Lane departure warning system | High beam assist | Passenger memory seats.

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danbrier View Post
    INSURANCE QUERY:-

Apologies I missed the question re the insurance company. Yes, as with any modification you need to inform your insurance company - i even informed them of my tinted windows! Mine is Admiral. I called them and explained I had a modification in my car, explained what the remote start does, that it is aftermarket and that as part of the installation I have to leave a key (allbeit deactivated without a battery inside) within a protective box hidden within the vehicle. He said that as long as the key wasnt on show and that it was hidden this was acceptable. They said that they have some standard optional extras (like tinted windows, side steps etc) but as this wasnt a listed option for them it would come under "interior changes." He made addiitonal notes when i was on the phone to him to attach to the interior changes which included key left in the vehicle... And my insurance increased by £60. I dont think it was the remote start that increased the price - i got the impression it was a standard charge for any "interior changes".... I did ask if i needed to do anything else, especially if the car was stolen that it wouldnt affect anything - he said all calls are recorded and not to worry - even though he did confirm with his manager all the above I got the impression he knew what he was doing and that he had done this before with other policies. So, in conclusion, its no problem - just inform them... Or at least I know Admiral is fine with it but i suspect most will be. If in doubt, call before you get it fitted.
    Thanks for looking into this @danbrier and good feedback to know. I would suggest if your concerned about this piece of information from an insurance perspective then before you move forward with it, to ring your insurers to get their feedback on it.

Remember, the key, although physically in the car is hidden in the car in its depths. The Key also has the metal "emergency" physical key part removed as well as the CR2032 battery. The remote start kit does not need either of these, its basically reading the chip in the key in the same manner of if you put your keys on the little "emergency key pad" in the centre console to start the car. That also does not need the battery in the key (for example if the battery was flat).

Hope this clarifies further

Thanks

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

1 0 0

6. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    If I have to deal with mornings like this I will get the thing installed in no time even if I have leave 10 keys in the car hahaha. This winter in London has been so mild, some of my deciduous trees/shrubs didn't even shed... doesn't help argue my case to get the remote start or a set of winter tyres I wanted

Btw - does keyless entry still work with the other original key the same way? Is the emergency key pad disabled (e.g. bad guy breaks in, found the key and place the key on the pad)?
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragebe View Post
    Only £100 for fitting?
    £400 kit + £100 fitting + £75 for extra remotes.

So either £500 or £575?

Where will the installation take place?

Very interested Andy, I'm a provisional yes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Trying to Ping you on PM Ragebe but your inbox is full

Ta

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jldiablo View Post
    If I have to deal with mornings like this I will get the thing installed in no time even if I have leave 10 keys in the car hahaha. This winter in London has been so mild, some of my deciduous trees/shrubs didn't even shed... doesn't help argue my case to get the remote start or a set of winter tyres I wanted

Btw - does keyless entry still work with the other original key the same way? Is the emergency key pad disabled (e.g. bad guy breaks in, found the key and place the key on the pad)?
    Hi jldiablo, sorry missed this

Keyless Entry still works with the other original key you have in your pocket yes, that doesnt change at all.

The Emergency Key pad is not disabled no, its not even touched. You may still need this in an emergency (whatever that may be)

Yes, if bad guy broke in, took apart the car, dug the hidden key out, placed it on emergency pad, then yes they could start the car.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Thanks Andy for the info!

Good to hear that the Keyless Entry is still working! It is a really good non-OEM solution. It wasn't really a concern about the Emergency Key pad I was just curious - I mean if the car is stored at a location which gives the bad guys opportunity and enough time to take apart the car and find the key without people noticing, there are a lot of other things to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Hi jldiablo, sorry missed this

Keyless Entry still works with the other original key you have in your pocket yes, that doesnt change at all.

The Emergency Key pad is not disabled no, its not even touched. You may still need this in an emergency (whatever that may be)

Yes, if bad guy broke in, took apart the car, dug the hidden key out, placed it on emergency pad, then yes they could start the car.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Q7 4M Remote Start Group Buy. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I have at last, after over 4 years of chatting with him via this forum, met AndyHUD.

I'm pleased to say, I had Remote Start fitted today - not forgetting that RS also allows for remote opening/closing of boot - and can thoroughly recommend Andy's services.

I've sent him a video of me starting the car, a good quarter of a mile away from the vehicle and not in line-of-site (it's 1.8GB, so tricky to share here) hopefully Andy will be able to make a time-lapse of it (I might have a crack myself and put it on YouTube)

I'm very pleased with what's been done.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Q7 3.0 TDI Quattro (272 HP) S-Line
    (Gone) A6 C6 AVANT 2.7TDI SE MANUAL
    Hers - Mk. VII Golf '15' 2.0 TDI BlueMotion

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast