1. Front camber adjust as required 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hello everyone and yet again with another problem. As the title i have a camber issue.

2017 reg superb hatch 2.0tdi 150hp with 113k miles.

In December i changed front tyres do to wear, as i like doing the right way i done a aligment check also to find out that my near side is out of specs in terms of camber and slightly caster. Which i think it falls in the right place by itself adjusting the camber.... At the time i thought is not such a big issue a bit more negative than specs, but i than looked at the right side and the camber is -58 compared to driver side and difference between right and left is 2 times more than it should be. Picture attached from a hunter system when i changed the tyres

I know as per skoda workshop this can be adjusted by slaken the 4 bolt of the front carrier and move it left and rights as required but no one wants to do it.( Did not try skoda yet)

Any suggestions?

0 0 0

2. Re: Front camber adjust as required 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Something sounds bent there. You have -58' on one side and -66' (1deg6min) on the other. Balance them out and youll have -62' on each side. Hardly any difference, and someway off of the -32' that is centre. Or am I reading something wrongly...?

0 1 0

3. Re: Front camber adjust as required 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Not sure what to make of it yet, the picture from above was taken of the screen before any adjustments, after the tracking was done, all was "green" on the machine except passenger side. As for bent, is nothing bent but i had a issue with the drivers side top mount and both shocks were...useless; when i replaced the shocks, i replaced all 4 and bolts, mounts, bearings etc; all genuine less actual shocks.

I will put a pic up with what whole front looks like after the adjustment and also the values skoda specify; i now realize is important to create a view of the situation.

Later add:

Factory specs for front G01 body should be:

Overall track 10'±10
    Caster 7* 23' ±30 and difference no more than 30 left to right
    Camber -32'±30'

Rear:

Overall toe 10'±10 max difference between left and right 12'
    Camber 1* 20'±30 max difference between left and right 30'

Conditions to be met during measurement:

Full tank of fuel and washer
    392±10 mm front height from center wheel to wheel arch
    391±10 mm rear height from center wheel to wheel arch
    Last edited by N871BUD; 31-01-2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Later add

0 0 0

4. Re: Front camber adjust as required 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Yes, the 32' +/- 30' is shown on the Hunter piccie. Loosening the 4 bolts you're describing wiil let you shift camber from one sife to yhe other, but not change the tptal amount. Changing the total camber means ensuring tge fixed length parts are straight and correct lengths. AIUI if the total camber in the front is out it usually means bent parts, wrong parts, or maybe badly worn bushes. Which reminds me I think you can get aftermarket bushes with non concentric bore to make adjustments. Maybe that'll sort you out.

0 1 0

5. Re: Front camber adjust as required 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Yes, the 32' +/- 30' is shown on the Hunter piccie. Loosening the 4 bolts you're describing wiil let you shift camber from one sife to yhe other, but not change the tptal amount. Changing the total camber means ensuring tge fixed length parts are straight and correct lengths. AIUI if the total camber in the front is out it usually means bent parts, wrong parts, or maybe badly worn bushes. Which reminds me I think you can get aftermarket bushes with non concentric bore to make adjustments. Maybe that'll sort you out.
    The above values i got from skoda own service manual i have, and i think you are right @VAG-Abound... adjusting the carrier will not sort anything as will only redistribute at best in equal parts the camber...
    No signs of anything bent out of shape or worn as at the beginning of January as in the same week with the MOT (i was hopping something stands out on the suspension checking machine) i replaced the gearbox oil and had a close look at arms and stuff... that could affect the above.
    I thought of non concentric bore bushes as powerflex seem to have both for adjusting camber and for adjusting caster and if i consider this if i cannot reduce camber somehow....

I wonder if i can get a reasonable change by undoing the lower ball joint 3 nuts and reduce it close to specs that way? did anyone had any success this way or it gives to little difference?
    The suspension arms are both the genuine vag ones most likely since it left the factory just over 3 years ago.

Should i just ignore? Am I going over the moon about this? just noticed rear left...
    superb 3.jpg

0 0 0