1. New owner, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a 2008 s line saloon yesterday and am having problems. I have searched on these, but really not getting anywhere.

Remote central locking. I have one key with a remote that starts the car, buttons do nothing other than make an led flash. I then have another key for the door lock, with no remote (guessing the door lock has been changed at some point), tried all the methods I can find for syncing the remote, but with two different keys, one that works in the ignition and one that locks, with no crossover ... Could this be a vcds job? Also tried disconnecting the battery to see if I could cause a reset of the CCM, but now just have a traction control light on the dash (but no light on the ESP off button).

Navigation; I'm hundreds of miles off my location, out in the Atlantic, and no satellites connected, so research leads me to believe this is an aerial issue, but I've no shark fin, anyone any advice as to where it could be? I know I've the fallback of a 3rd party replacement into the back of the mmi, but would be nice to at least see where the existing one is and check it!

Cheers for any suggestions etc

0 0 0

2. Re: New owner, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I think the GPS aerial in under the roof lining.
    No idea on the door locking but if one key starts the car and the other only does the locks, it sounds like the previous owner might have had issues too. If you are getting the lights flashing on the car then that would indicate the car is receiving a signal. Have the batteries been changed? If the car isn't flashing it may be the fault is in the car.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: New owner, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    I think the GPS aerial in under the roof lining.
    No idea on the door locking but if one key starts the car and the other only does the locks, it sounds like the previous owner might have had issues too. If you are getting the lights flashing on the car then that would indicate the car is receiving a signal. Have the batteries been changed? If the car isn't flashing it may be the fault is in the car.
    Not getting any flashing from the car, just from the key, think I might have to look at the car end of things, lift the carpets and check for water etc. I have changed the battery in the remote fob to be on the safe side, wasn't getting good light when pressing buttons all the time, so took the assumption that was at least part of the issue,

Will have to see if I can pull the headliner down, hard to know where exactly to look without any external sign of it, shall just have to investigate I guess, or go with the fakra antenna and get in behind the dash.

Cheers

0 0 0

4. Re: New owner, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guessing I've found the issue with the navigation ... Removed the trim above the back window, and discovered the blue fakra connector hanging, with nowhere to plug it in, I can see where I guess it should go, but the socket part it goes into isn't there, just some pads to be soldered to, so guess I need to find the other end, and solder it on, or see about replacing that whole box in there
    IMG_20200202_215744.jpg

0 0 0

5. Re: New owner, couple of issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    The item with the pad is the antenna booster, it is possible that the previous owner has replaced this with the wrong variant hence the missing connection.

Google '7Zap Audi' for a parts list.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0