Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate.

1. Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Engine management light comes on Oct19. Prior to this significant dip in mpg but running ok. Dealer checked reset but recommended new plugs. Did this plus scheduled oil service. Engine management light comes on Nov19. Other dealer finally diagnoses Lambda sensor and replaces. Again running ok but MPG still poor as before fault rectified. Also noticed auto stop not kicking in as much as well as 2 cylinder mode. So is it still running too rich? Was getting between average mpg of 55-60 on 15 mile commute steady trip 40-60mph. Now cannot get to 50mpg on same trip. Steady driver same fuel in eco mode. It's a great car but this is frustrating and as you can see I'm NO expert. Have friends who can fix or look at but what. The dealer is currently no help. But a great guy in KwikFit suggested this.

0 0 0

2. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Is the engine MIL on now?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No it isn't.

0 0 0

4. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If no fault codes are stored and the MIL is not on, there can't be anything wrong as if the mixture was too rich the ECU would pick it up, it is VERY sensitive to potential emissions issues. How are you measuring the MPG, brim>brim/miles or off the dash computer?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    May sound silly but have you checked the brakes aren't dragging? Does it seem to need a heavier foot to get up to speed? If they are there'd probably be noticeable heat if you put hand near wheel after a long-ish drive. And maybe a heat smell.

0 0 0

6. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Don't forget you are comparing MPG from Oct19, warmer weather, to the current much colder climate now we are in Winter.

Your daily drive is only 15 miles so a larger proportion of time will be spent warming up the engine & could well be giving you the poorer MPG.

0 0 0

7. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's reassuring. And also taking into account what someone else has said about time of year. I have had the car about two and half years now and over the course of that time I haven't noticed a great deal of difference between MPG over the course of the calendar year. I always have the computer on the average MPG and probably wouldn't have noticed initially but for two things. And they are not scientific. One was the average MPG which as stated before dipped over that consistent journey. It is particularly noticeable at the beginning of the journey. Second I have noted over a long period of time when first light goes out after filling to brim. It was really consistent(depending on driving) at 135-150 miles. Now it's even more consistent at 110miles. I don't know how that relates to capacity and distance and I should probably do it properly.
    Haven't noticed any smell but maybe I should get brakes checked.
    Your input is really appreciated as I have no expertise and I find the whole car buying/maintenance issue stressful. But the lateral thinking is refreshingly enlightening.

0 0 0

8. Re: Seat Leon 1.4EcoTsi DSG 66plate. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    After a journey, hover your hand around the wheel centre, DO NOT TOUCH IT!, and see if you can detect and appreciable radiated heat.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0