Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    An olfactory sampling of the filter contents should provide a clue, if in doubt, bilge, flush and refill with fuel of the Devil.
    Would it be feasible to connect a temporary gavity fed supply pre or post filter to test the theory?

0 0 0

2. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Would it be feasible to connect a temporary gavity fed supply pre or post filter to test the theory?
    Sound logic as isolating the front fuel system and running a clean fuel supply to see if the car runs properly would confirm / eliminate fuel contamination but as Crasher has suggested, a smell test would be the quickest way to find out, unless the OP's sense of smell is compromised.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

3. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think it can also be difficult to tell them apart especially when cold unless familiar with various organic solvents, etc as they are largely unseen in liquid form. I don't play with them much, and always have a moment of doubt when putting diesel into car from 20l jerry can that it's the wrong stuff, even though I know it's only the 5l plastic can for lawnmower fuel that has unleaded in it. A few mins at house temp in a shot glass and its a lot easier. They taste very different too .

0 0 0

4. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    They taste very different too .
    Fuel of the Devil has never passed my lips but I am partial to a smattering of Shell V Power..
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,

so I decided to just drain the fuel tank and filter and put some fresh in, ran for 15 minutes or so at idle but unfortunately no different. What I don’t understand is how it’s fine for a couple of minutes at cold but then gets worse and worse. I was so set on it being a bent rod but surely it would do it all the time?!

I went to pull the pan yesterday, but had an absolute nightmare as currently living with girlfriends parents (saving up for a deposit is a tough affair) and they recently had their drive repaved. Needless to say I had tons of cardboard down and rags on hand. Unfortunately the oil container blocked and oil flowed everywhere, so my day was spent cleaning the freshly paved drive rather than inspecting for bent rods .

any ideas before I set fire to it? Replace all injectors from my daily maybe? Could it be a bent rod still? Even though compression was similar across the three I could actually test? I thought maybe cyl 4 could be bent, but not sure why there would be a p0301 code :/

0 0 0

6. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Completely guessing, but have you had a look at what the EGR valves are doing (physically or on VCDS) as the noises change?

What caused the runaway, and what was done afterwards?

0 0 0

7. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I did blank the egr with a plate, but no different. The guy I bought it off said it had a new turbo 2 months ago and hasn’t done many miles since so I am under the impression it had a blown turbo and they didn’t clean the piping and intercooler etc but I could be wrong!

0 0 0

8. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    If good injectors still produce a P0301 then this pretty much eliminates an injector fault and means it could be anything to do with the proper operation of number 1 cylinder such as wiring, valves, inlet and compression level which you say is fine, as a result. It definitely seems like it is overfuelling for some reason or another due to the vapour levels being emitted. It is a case of continuing to eliminate one thing after another but fuel trims are important and can be affected by air or vacuum leaks elsewhere, cracked plastic manifolds, and sticky intake valves which gum up over time.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

9. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russell2019 View Post
    I did blank the egr with a plate, but no different. The guy I bought it off said it had a new turbo 2 months ago and hasn’t done many miles since so I am under the impression it had a blown turbo and they didn’t clean the piping and intercooler etc but I could be wrong!
    I was wonderinhg if the EGR cooler could be being operated as you get poorer running. Which bits did you blank / remove? See what you can disscover with a vac pumpon it ?

0 0 0

10. Re: Misfire - 2010 Passat B6 2.0TDI CR CBDC Saloon 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMitch16 View Post
    If good injectors still produce a P0301 then this pretty much eliminates an injector fault and means it could be anything to do with the proper operation of number 1 cylinder such as wiring, valves, inlet and compression level which you say is fine, as a result. It definitely seems like it is overfuelling for some reason or another due to the vapour levels being emitted. It is a case of continuing to eliminate one thing after another but fuel trims are important and can be affected by air or vacuum leaks elsewhere, cracked plastic manifolds, and sticky intake valves which gum up over time.
    I haven’t had the p0301 code pop back up since I cleared it the night I got the car, only had a p0300 code unfortunately

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast