1. Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Anybody know how to turn the lane assist to always off on the face lift? it’s set to on as default, my previous 50tdi you needed to turn it on when needed. I don’t mind the function on motorways but I’ve had a few unreassuring movements on normal roads.
    Audi SQ7 Vorsprung 2020

0 0 0

2. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaels8666 View Post
    Anybody know how to turn the lane assist to always off on the face lift? it’s set to on as default, my previous 50tdi you needed to turn it on when needed. I don’t mind the function on motorways but I’ve had a few unreassuring movements on normal roads.
    I have the same problem. On some markets lane assist you can turn on/off via MMI (see pictures). I am sure this is just the matter of coding. I don't want to turn it off permanently but just use it only when needed and not only by default.

730x730_ASQ8_D_191001-min.jpg

0 0 0

3. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    As far as I am aware, This is part of a new European requirement to have these features (lane assist, emergency braking etc), and the cars safety testing score has been evaluated using this feature. So the requirement is that is on by default every time you start the car.

It's the same situation as start/stop being on every time you start the car as well. Now there may be coding work-arounds (and probably will be if other markets are different) but there will be no official way to do this in the car without VCDS or OBD11 etc

0 0 0

4. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpot2000 View Post
    As far as I am aware, This is part of a new European requirement to have these features (lane assist, emergency braking etc), and the cars safety testing score has been evaluated using this feature. So the requirement is that is on by default every time you start the car.

It's the same situation as start/stop being on every time you start the car as well. Now there may be coding work-arounds (and probably will be if other markets are different) but there will be no official way to do this in the car without VCDS or OBD11 etc

Your diagnose makes sense. Modern cars are becoming more and more independent, independent of the driver what in my opinion is not always safe. Lane Assist can sometimes surprise me unpleasantly when I forget to turn it off. When it is on, I can't also trust to this system since the camera doesn't see all the road lanes: and I can never predict when it will turn off or reduce detection only to one side of the road.

My other problem, which I am trying to solve is Drive Assists. In new Q8 and Q7 FL the Drive Assist couldn't be changed via programable steering wheel button (asterix button). It was very convenient in older models. Now, change of Drive Assist setting is possible only via MMI or buttons on the bottom of MMI. It is not very comfortable, additionally due to the fact that these touch buttons don't work perfectly (probably classic buttons are much better).
    So far, nobody has an idea how to include Drive Assist to the steering wheel programable button menu. This menu has now a lot of useless functions but no longer Drive Assist. I don't understand why.

0 0 0

5. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I think I may be able to answer that as well!
    This is more a very educated guess.....I have a 2016 A4 built on the same platform, so a lot of the tech is the same. One thing I noticed myself, and a common complaint on forums was that when the steering wheel button was set to drive select, it only responded and worked maybe 50% of the time. So much so that I gave up and just set it to traffic reports as I'm on the motorway most of the time anyway.
    This was a glitch affecting other models as well, I saw it mentioned on A3 forums as well for example. The hope was always that this would be fixed with a software update, but I wonder if Audi just conceded defeat, realised they couldn't fix it so just removed it completely?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Probably you are right again.

I didn't have any problems with Drive Select via asterix button in my Q7 2016 despite of using it very often. However, I have heard about complains that it doesn't always work.
    It is a pity that Audi instead of solving problems with the software simply discontinue the faulty option.
    This happened also with lidar (laser scanner) in 2020 A6, A7, A8, Q7 and Q8. Audi, (Vorsprung durch Technik!), was so proud of this option but after several complains from drivers that this system is buggy they decided to withdraw it completely. In my new SQ8 instead of lidar I have an empty plastic insert. What a disappointment! Even my dealer was surprised because Audi didn't inform them about this change.

Anyway, I will really appreciate if someone is able to tell me the coding which will bring Drive Select in steering wheel programable button menu. I will be happy to have it back even if it works only 50% of the time.

0 0 0

7. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think there's an on/off button on the end of the indicator stalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_D_80 View Post
    I think there's an on/off button on the end of the indicator stalk

Yes, there is an on/off button.The problem is that after switching on the ignition the Lane Assist is always on. It works like a start/stop which is always on after turning on an ignition. The trick is how to code it to keep the last setting in the memory. As it was in Q7 before FL. In the version with the icon in MMI it has the memory of your last setting.

0 0 0

9. Re: Lane Assist 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpot2000 View Post
    I think I may be able to answer that as well!
    One thing I noticed myself, and a common complaint on forums was that when the steering wheel button was set to drive select, it only responded and worked maybe 50% of the time.
    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I’ve noticed this is true recently - sometimes the star button works, sometimes not. Weird. The up/down keys always work.

Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0