Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2.5 TDI tensioner bolt snapped .. do i need to change the tensioner?

1. 2.5 TDI tensioner bolt snapped .. do i need to change the tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a 2001 A6 allroad just after Christmas, and after 3 weeks, the auxiliary tensioner bolt snapped off in the engine. seems fairly common! ive bought a new belt kit, and timing belt kit (its due soon so might as well) the kit came with a new pully for the tensioner but do i have to place the whole thing? ive seen kits to rebuild it, looks just like the metal frame and new bolts/bushes but not the actual arm that keeps the tension. I dont want to skip it and have it fail in a year, but i also dont want to put half the value of the car back into in parts so soon. if its just the bolt and pully i need to replace does anyone know what size bolt? im going to try a stud remover, failing that drill and tap.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.5 TDI tensioner bolt snapped .. do i need to change the tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1834 Post(s)
    I rebuild the system when I do a belt but quite often the frame is worn and has to be replaced.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.5 TDI tensioner bolt snapped .. do i need to change the tensioner? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that ive ordered a repair kit but i couldnt find that actual tensioner itself for a decent price, im just going to hope the spring is still good for now

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-06-2021, 04:49 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29-06-2018, 07:01 PM
  3. Question snapped drive belt and loose tensioner
    By alexr89 in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 16-11-2016, 02:03 AM
  4. Please Help Audi s4 engine bbk chain tensioner snapped
    By jamesgray in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008