1. engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    guys i have an issue with my engine stopping about 9 times out of 10 when i open drivers door,gears in park and handbrake on even if start stop is disabled on the dash,is this normal or is it a fault ? if so how do i fix it

0 0 0

2. Re: engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.d View Post
    guys i have an issue with my engine stopping about 9 times out of 10 when i open drivers door,gears in park and handbrake on even if start stop is disabled on the dash,is this normal or is it a fault ? if so how do i fix it
    It is perfectly normal and your car should do it every time (except when you start it and not move).
    You can code it out if you don't want it.
    Hope this helps...

Sent from my mobile...

1 1 0

3. Re: engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny31 View Post
    It is perfectly normal and your car should do it every time (except when you start it and not move).
    You can code it out if you don't want it.
    Hope this helps...

Sent from my mobile...
    its strange that i asked the audi service manager in my local vag garage if it was normal and if he could code it out while he was in the computer codeing a key for me and he did not know the answer!!
    i know where to ask in future the knowledge on here is far superior .to dealerships who charge £140 an hour labour thank you

0 0 0

4. Re: engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Never had that on my C6 or this C7.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

5. Re: engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It should not cut out stop/start wise if the drivers seat belt is not engaged, I would get the feature coded out anyway as it does not reduce emissions and knickers the battery and starter motor, you should see the flywheel ring gear we’re we find.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan02 View Post
    Never had that on my C6 or this C7.
    hi going off subject a bit .assuming you c6 was a quattro/allroad did you find it was a better driving experience than the c7 allroad ..because i have had c5 c6 and c7 all allroads .and feel the c6 was a far better drive.. loads more kit in the c7 .but its not quite as good for driving

0 0 0

7. Re: engine stops a6 c7 allroad 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It should not cut out stop/start wise if the drivers seat belt is not engaged, I would get the feature coded out anyway as it does not reduce emissions and knickers the battery and starter motor, you should see the flywheel ring gear we’re we find.
    hi my problem is the service manager in audi did not know when i explained, he did try opening door while engine was running and told me it did not switch off for him i am assuming now this was because he did not move the car while trying so i will have to find someone with correct kit to code it out...
    i absolutely agree about.wear and tear on starter ring gear and starter with stop start.what emissions does the manufacture of these parts create giving they will have to be replaced more often now ?

0 0 0