Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In my digging I’ve checked out all fuse boards to make sure they where all ok. With the battery removed I checked impedance accross each of the larger feeds out of the front of the fuse box in the bonnet with the 80amp power steering feed being a bit odd. Occasionally continuity but more typically 1.5ohms and up to out of limits all this happening without any input to the steering.

Could a short - live to earth be responsible for the total loss of power? If so why are no fuses blown and would any one know the resistance accross the power steering motor?

0 0 0

2. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You can’t check the power steering controller that way.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    EDIT:Removed mistaken reference to starter motors.

0 0 0

4. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You can’t check the power steering controller that way.
    Was just looking for shorts that might be cause for no power to the vehicle, just found it strange the way the resistance ran. Surely with no power it would just give a consistent reading?

0 0 0

5. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Without looking at wiring diagram to check I'm wondering if a failt in supply to / from X relay (100?) would kill tbe bits you see going off while keeping a few bits working. Not sure it woukd leave near zero V at ignition though... I suppose that could be fault in what it switches, or switching input drufting and killing output at wrong times.

0 0 0

6. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Without looking at wiring diagram to check I'm wondering if a failt in supply to / from X relay (100?) would kill tbe bits you see going off while keeping a few bits working. Not sure it woukd leave near zero V at ignition though... I suppose that could be fault in what it switches, or switching input drufting and killing output at wrong times.
    cranking The ignition functions that relay so no supply at the ignition is eliminates that from fault?! I don’t like wiring... a few more hours this week then it’s going on a trailer.

0 0 0

7. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Not sure if cranking pozition on ignition is fed from permanent supply, while other positions are fed from X relay . If you replaced it you probably do know.

If it does have permanent and X supplies then relay remaining open intermittently and then more constantly due to mechanical or electrical fault could fit. Except it would still crank OK...

0 0 0

8. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Looking at a same year Touran (it was all I could find...) the 12V supply for ignition switch is from J527 module under steering wheel on a violet wire, which in turn is fed by a red/yellow wire from SB6, via connectors in the main wiring harness.

Does that fit what you saw when refitting ignition switch? Not sure if Caddy's might have kept earlier Touran wiring for a bit longer.

EDIT: SB6 also feeds instrument cluster, which seems consistent with lack of activity you're seeing there. If you can unplug connector on it and 12V comes back to ignition it helps figure out which might have a fault to earth. And vice versa of course.

Then checking that with fuse removed output from SB6 has good connection to J527 and instrument cluster, but no connection to earth. There's a set of three a loom connectors that it travels uhrough under driver relays in the diagrams. Pin 13 on leftmost (C) was the one I think.

0 0 0

9. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Just thinking about this a bit more. The small voltage you get at ignition suggests one of:
    1. It's a floating current from somewhere else which I think would remain if you remove B6
    2. It is the remaining voltage after a high resistsnce joint between B6 and ignition has dropped 90% or so of volts in which case voltage at ignotion would go to zero when B6 removed.

0 0 0

10. Re: Caddy 2012 1.6tdi - Wonts Start (Dash, ignition, and some other things all dead) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello Everyone.

I have VW Touran 2012 1.6TDi with excatlly the same issue like VW CADDY 1.6 above.

1. No ignition, No cranking, no starting.
    2. DASH - no light up complete dead / but tested on bench working fine.
    3. No communication with any modules / but on bench no problem example with ECU PCR1.6 or Dash
    4. Nothing happened when ignition on or key in ignition. / only working remote
    5. Working only radio
    6. Tried new set ECU, BCM, Fuse box under bonnet, dash, Can module, ignition barrel, squib module / still no communication
    7. download diagram from VW ERWIN / check all wiring im in point that i not getting ignition 12v via relay from BCM

Wants to go forward and get more diagrams to find issue. If i simulate ignition relay then im getting communication with ECU via OBD but Dash still death, I can simulate as well after starter relay but of course will not fire as no communication with other modules ECU - BCM - DASH - KEY

Did somebody solve this simillar issue.

Regards
    Arek

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast